Logging Trucks In Québec

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

I'm looking to find out what the most common "trucking channel" is for Québec east of Québec City. Also I'm curious as to what most of the logging trucks use on the haul roads in the Côte-Nord region. Some people have said CB 1, some CB 19, some have actually said the Western/BC LADD channels are used.

Any guidance?

Merci. Vœux de Bonheur pour un Joyeux Noël.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

I'm looking to find out what the most common "trucking channel" is for Québec east of Québec City. Also I'm curious as to what most of the logging trucks use on the haul roads in the Côte-Nord region. Some people have said CB 1, some CB 19, some have actually said the Western/BC LADD channels are used.

Any guidance?

Merci. Vœux de Bonheur pour un Joyeux Noël.

Back In The Day(tm), francophone truckers often used CB channel 12 ... Worth a listen?

mciupa

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
You will find the official logging VHF frequencies used in Quebec here, take note of the 7 regional frequencies at the end of the list:

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf11108.html

Excellent! I'll be making more than a few trips on four wheels on the Toulnustouc Road between QC-138 in Baie-Comeau and Chemin du Parc in Lac-Walker this spring and I'd rather know what's coming at me. Merci!

I'll make sure to submit anything usable for the database. I'm still trying to find my list for ham submissions, as several repeaters are totally gone.

VE2NCG

Premium Subscriber
These would make a nice addition to the database.

If any of these are confirmed monitored, please submit the verified frequencies so you can download them from the database in the future.

Thanks! :)

The problems is: The law state that a trucker must work for a logging company, the company give the trucker a form to give to the "Radio Shop" and then the radio shop will install a "NON PROGRAMMABLE" radio with the frequencies the logging compagny is authorised to use, plus any of the simplex frequencies if the trucker need to make long haul trips...
Problem 1: Truck can be sold and the radio go to the new owner with the truck (The new owner is not in the logging business but still have the radio)
Problem 2: Truckers (in the know) will install for him and is buddy, a nice and cheap chinese mobile radio with programmable front panel (aka: an amateur radio) and with the differents logging frequencies that is buddy in the radio shop as given him (or taken from the I.C. website) because nobody works for only 1 logging company and who as the time to ask for a official form, then go the the radio shop and pay for a radio that you will use with 1 company that you will work for a few months etc...

Theres a lot of activity on thoses channels, are they are legit? don't think so, hey I'm hearing lot's of trucking activity here in Montreal on thoses frequencies and I'm far from any logging road... anyhow: It's fun to listen!

Status
Not open for further replies.