RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Service Specific Monitoring > Radio Direction Finding Forum

Radio Direction Finding Forum - Discussions regarding direction finding and transmitter location

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2015, 9:26 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default WTF: MA350ED Antenna

Curious if anyone has seen any surplus MA350ED (or similar) RDF Adcock style antennas for sale. I have an old DF receiver with a VHF only antenna array and I was hoping to find an MA350ED antenna to expand my capabilities into the UHF bands also.

Just curious if any have surfaced recently. I saw that some surplus antennas were sold in Canada a few years back.

Thanks very much for any leads...

Steve
Old 11-24-2015, 3:30 PM

I believe you need the matching Cubic receiver to use this antenna. Otherwise how do you power it, control it and get any direction readout from it? Usually these types of antennas are specific to the mfrs equipment and may not be compatible with other similar equipment.
prcguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seleong View Post
Curious if anyone has seen any surplus MA350ED (or similar) RDF Adcock style antennas for sale. I have an old DF receiver with a VHF only antenna array and I was hoping to find an MA350ED antenna to expand my capabilities into the UHF bands also.

Just curious if any have surfaced recently. I saw that some surplus antennas were sold in Canada a few years back.

Thanks very much for any leads...

Steve
Old 12-01-2015, 4:38 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default WTB: MA350ED

I have an old OAR (Ocean Applied Research) receiver that has the VHF only version antenna that I believe has the same interface as the MA350ED. Works great on VHF - I'd like to get the UHF band covered.

Steve

Tags
adcock, ma350, oar, ocean applied research