Audio input to Ramsey doppler direction finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoot99

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a used Ramsey DDF1 kit-based Doppler direction finder several months ago but am just now getting around to playing with it. My question is very basic. I'm puzzled by the audio connection from the associated receiver. The kit instructions call for the audio to be input to a 2.1 mm jack. But what audio plug fits this connector? The male plug that fits must be quite small. I'm familiar w 2.1 mm connectors used for DC power inputs, but not for audio applications. Does anyone have a DDF1 that accepts this audio input?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

ScannerSK

I picked up a used Ramsey DDF1 kit-based Doppler direction finder several months ago but am just now getting around to playing with it. My question is very basic. I'm puzzled by the audio connection from the associated receiver. The kit instructions call for the audio to be input to a 2.1 mm jack. But what audio plug fits this connector? The male plug that fits must be quite small. I'm familiar w 2.1 mm connectors used for DC power inputs, but not for audio applications. Does anyone have a DDF1 that accepts this audio input?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

The manual states the 2.1 mm jack is for the power connection.

The standard sizes for audio jacks are 1/4" and 1/8" however there is one size smaller which is 1/16". This kit I believe has the 1/16" mini audio jack (same size as the REM control on old tape recorders). You could either open it and solder some wires to the existing jack or purchase a plug/adapter to fit the existing jack.

The kit works rather decent.

Shawn

scoot99

Premium Subscriber
Audio input to Ramsey Doppler direction finder

Thank you very much Shawn. I think the 1/16" jack must be the solution I've been looking for. I'm just not familiar with this item, but will search for it online. I look forward to having the system operational.

Status
Not open for further replies.