• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

05 Trailblazer Install help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vista1

Premium Subscriber
Need advise on where to mount a Uniden Bearcat BC-RH96 Remote Control Head in a 05 Chevy Trailblazer.

Wasn't sure if it was possible to mount it below the factory am/fm radio in the dash or if I will have to do it in another location, need help!

Also need advise on which type of low profile antenna to purchase and mount as well. Most freqs are 800 conv or 800 trunked.

Thanks!

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
The TB is kind of a hard vehicle to work with.

I'm not sure if the head will fit under the A/C controls. I mounted my Sirius radio right infront of the center A/C vents, above the radio, some people have mounted stuff above the vents, on top of the dash.

Another location is the center console, mounted next to the passenger seat, right by where the 2 cupholders are, but the screen will be facing upwards and so will the controls. That's where I mounted my CB.

If you give until like tomorrow I can post pictures.

vista1

Premium Subscriber
Pic would be great

Thanks, pics would be great, the more ideas/options the better.

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin

Depending on the options on your TB you might be able to mount it in different places, for example the overhead console if you don't have a sunroof or homelink/voice recorder. Under the dash (ie. by your left knee)
Here's a pic I found
P1000671.JPG

You should go to Trailvoy.com - The Chevy Trailblazer and GMC Envoy Enthusiast Site, there's a lot of people there who have radio equipment mounted. And here's the topic where I got the picture

Hello Moto - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Edit: I forgot to add, I did not drill any holes for my installs, if you're willing to drill holes, it'll be easier to mount on the console (the curvature of it makes it a PITA to use double sided tape, so there's only a few spots where you can do it).

I'm actually looking to get an extra console from a junkyard and use that one to mount the equipment. I'll probably get more soon anyways.

Last edited:

vista1

Premium Subscriber
Is it safe

Was also wondering if it would be ok/safe to wire my scanner into my aux cig plugs. Would use the perm. wiring kit that came with my uniden 780xlt with in-line fuse?

Thanks

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Not as a permanent solution, I'm telling you, only 2 plugs on the front and 1 on the back. And if you bump into the plugs they get disconnected. Not to mention the fact that one cup holder becomes hard to use with the plugs in use. Last time I was in Phoenix I had to choose between audio (sat radio or iPod FM transmitter), GPS and the CB. CB got disconnected.

I'm just waiting until I have enough money to install a RIGrunner and run all the radios from there. Us TB owners are lucky because of the huge fuse box under the rear seat, you can get power and a chassis ground there, and there's even good space for the RIGrunner.

Status
Not open for further replies.