• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mustang install question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb3j

My 09 Mustang has the larger sized factory radio & CD player installed. The height of the radio is about 7.5 inches. I'd like to remove this radio and purchase an aftermarket stereo, that is about half the size in height AND install my Uniden 996T above the stereo in the same dash opening.

I'm wondering if anyone has done anything like this....and is there a company who manufactures a double din type bracket that would hold two din-sized radios? Since it's a new car, I'd like to do this only if I can get the proper parts and face plate so it looks nice, but to also make the install reversible so when it comes time to sell the car I can put it back to factory specs.

I have already installed a Kenwood ham rig under the glove box....but I'd hate to install another radio there.

Thanks for any help....

73'

Jim
wb3j

N0YFE

Double Din bracket

I have seen a few aftermarket mounts for radios. One of the places I would suggest is Crutchfield. They carry a large amount of aftermarket parts and also carry cables to connect a new radio to the existing factory wiring to save a lot of cutting and splicing for the new radio.

One other advantage about Crutchfield is they may have adaptors so that yoru new radio will work with your radio controls on the steering wheel.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
There is a thread under "My shack" thread section for Ford installes in a F-150 and also and Explorer about mounting them in together. I have an 08 Mountaineer with the same stereo you have and I'm going to do the same thing. I'll see if I can get you the link. Its pretty easy to do it looks like.

snakecharmer

I installed a BCD996T and a Pioneer aftermarket CD player in the factory double din opening. Very clean install using a Metra kit. Forgot the number off the top of my head but is probably the same for the newer Mustangs with a double din opening. The kit was about $30 with the plugs if I remember correctly. Should be available at about any car stereo shop.

996tinstall.jpg

KJ6CFU

Premium Subscriber
Wow, clean install, snakecharmer. I have a double din sized radio in my Subaru and am thinking about doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.