• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2009 Chevy Silverado Crew cab

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireguy810

I'm trying to find access into the cab of my 2009 chevy silverado crew cab. I need to run coax from the antenna mounted on the tool box. I can't find any holes to access into the rear of the cab. I also need to run a power wire through the firewall. Can't find any holes through their either. Any suggestions??

windchaser

firewall has some rubber plugs on it, or go thru were your wires go thru and then water seal. coax can be routed under rear of cab. drill proper dia. hole, install gromet then coax. pull to length and then some and water seal around hole. also put a protective shielding around coax.

kyguy

I don't know if the '09 has the vents in the back of the cab, but that is where I ran my coax thru- it can be REAL tricky!! I ran the power lines thru the BIG wire harness plug going thru the firewall.

Sent you a pm.

rbabroff

I have an 07 Silverado NBS and I had to cut the rubber grommet that houses the wiring harness on both sides and then feed the wire through the firewall that way. As for coming from the bed. Under the truck right before the frame rails on both sides right near the floor of the back seat there is a plug that you can drill out and then run the cable through, make sure you use ample amounts of silicone afterwards so you dont leak.
Have fun

R0N1N

Premium Subscriber
2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab

Hi...I am in the process of installing my gear in a 2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab also. Just between the rear of the cab and the bed there are two vents each of which are located just behind the rear passenger doors....they can be hard to see and doubly hard to put hands on if your have mitts like mine. Anyhow I have succesfully run RG-8 through each using the bottom vent holes. I have left enough feedline so the vent cover (rubber) pretty much remains closed. I have located both an IC-706MKII-G and a FT-8900 under the rear passenger seat directly behind the driver seat and it fits very well. I still have to run power to the 706 but hopefully that will be completed either this weekend or next. I will try and post some pictures when all is complete.

Good Luck

OC05450R

Premium Subscriber
if you lift the carpet up on the drivers side after you take the sill panel off you will see a wire already running through a grommet on the floor you can easily get an antenna wire through there. I always used this hole in gm's for rear view cameras on pick up trucks. As for the firewall there are many places to run wires through, there is also plenty room to make your own new hole or many grommets that are over sized with room to put a hole in and run a wire through. Good luck with install -JOEYD

Advanced MECP installer

Status
Not open for further replies.