• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Scanner installation Toyota Tundra 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Looking for help and ideas on mounting BC-996T in my new 2011 Toyota Tundra I already have mounted the antenna using a truck mount on the front hood. I am willing to drill just looking for many ideas so I can find what I feel will be the best for me.

wyomingmedic

I have a gen2 Tundra as well. It was kind of difficult to mount the radio. What I did was actually put the scanner into the center console (I have the front bucket seats). Easy to get power and antenna to it, and it is out of view. It has worked great. I will post some pics.

WM

wyomingmedic

IMG_2162.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

I don't like a crowded cab. I have 3 radios in the cab total. Scanner, 2/70cm, and an HF rig.

Rooftop antennas for the ham bands and scanner and a cell booster. I use a large screwdriver for my hf stuff.

My HF rig is inside the center console, under the cup holders. There is actually enough room to put a full radio, speaker, and all needed interfaces under the console. If you have a remote mount rig, that is where I would put it. In the pic, the body of the radio is under the cupholders that you see under the radio face.

IMG_2164.jpg

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
The best and cleanest installation will be to mount it in-dash.

The 2011 Tundra has a large factory radio. Replace it with a molded installation kit with two DIN sized openings. You can mount an aftermarket DIN stereo in the top slot and your 996T in the lower slot (or vise-versa). The 996T is a DIN radio (when the outer metal case it unscrewed) that will bolt directly into the installation kit.

Mount it this way and you'll have a very clean looking, fully installed system that is easily viewable and controllable from the drivers seat (and chances are you'll have better audio quality with an aftermarket stereo as well ;)). All your wiring will be hidden behind the dashboard panels and you won't have to give up any interior storage compartment space.

You mentioned that you are willing to drill; but since everything just bolts/plugs in, there should be no need to drill into anything. Good Luck :)

N7DKL

Premium Subscriber
Get a Pro-Fit mount

Here is what I did in my Sequoia (same interior). I bought a mount from Pro-Fit (Pro.Fit International - Mounting Solutions for Cell Phones and GPS) and mounted the bodies of the radios under the drivers seat on a board. I put extension speakers under the center console. the really good part is that there are no holes drilled in my truck (resale value) and it looks very professional.

The scanner power is not controlled by the remote head power switch so I installed a rocker power switch on the board under the seat that is accessible on the outside of the seat. I can easily switch the radios on and off when I am getting in or out of the truck.

Attachments

• Mounted.jpg
    Mounted.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 12,063
  • Mounted 2.jpg
    Mounted 2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 15,335
Status
Not open for further replies.