• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CB Radio ~ Ford F150 Installation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
I need to create a permanent installation station for my CB in my F150. But the interior is very limited because it lacks a center console and need your help. Does anyone else have a similar F150 and can you upload a picture of what you have for your CB? (I've checked the "Pictures fourm" but no luck)

Thanks!

Attachments

• 12000_f150_02.jpg
    12000_f150_02.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 22,222

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
I need to create a permanent installation station for my CB in my F150. But the interior is very limited because it lacks a center console and need your help. Does anyone else have a similar F150 and can you upload a picture of what you have for your CB? (I've checked the "Pictures fourm" but no luck)

Thanks!

I think it's quite the opposite. Center consoles generally hinder installation options by taking up a lot of interior space that could otherwise be used to mount a radio (or radios). Radio-wise, lacking a factory center console is a very good thing.

For your setup, the easiest and fastest way to mount it would be to screw (or bolt) the bracket right into the plastic below the HVAC controls.

For the best, most professional look; My advice is to build (or buy) a console box that fits in between the middle seat and the dashboard and mount your CB inside that (you will also have room to mount a mobile scanner in there as well ;)).

Alternatively, a third option is to make a simple wooden " T " bracket mounted on the floor above the transmission hump. A 1" x 8" pine board (available at any Home Depot, Lowes, etc) will give you plenty of material to make it out of. Basically you just measure and cut the horizontal piece to fit the length from the middle seat mount to the bottom of the dash, then attach a vertical piece (to the horizontal piece, either with screws from the bottom, or by using steel "L" brackets on the top side) that rests against the front of the middle seat. You can cut the vertical piece to whatever height you want (for example, mount the radio at the same height as your center arm rest for easy access while driving).

Good Luck :)

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
Where can I get one of these consoles? I plan to install my Cobra Classic Nightwatch CB, a RS Pro-196 Digital Trunking Scanner, and a RS Pro-163 Scanner

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately. I don't believe anyone makes a vehicle-specific radio console for any model year F150 (except the above-dash angle mount JottoDesk makes for 04-08 F150s). There are plenty on F150 laptop mounts, but no radio consoles (somebody may make one, but I have never found one in my searches).

That being said, you can buy pre-made generic angled consoles that may work for you. Check out the Havis "medium duty angled" consoles. They cost around $150-$200, but they are probably your best option for pre-made radio consoles. They offer several different sizes and angles, so take some detailed measurements to see which model will work best for you.

Keep in mind that if you are willing to do a little work yourself you can always build a custom console box out out MDF or Plywood that will fit perfect and be any size/shape you want. Then cover it up with paint, carpet, tweed, vinyl, etc for a "finished" look. If you take your time, this can look better than any $200 pre-made console available (and you can do it for a fraction of the cost ;))

JacobInIndy

I built a console. It was very easy and I just used a little particle board. I will eventually carpet it, but it is functional now. The third slot is for a CB, but I need to work on an antenna mounting solution. It's not mounted to the hump, but it's very stable. It's wedged in there, so it would take some work to get it out.

Just an idea.

Attachments

• console.jpg
    console.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 41,896

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
This is what I did for GRE PSR 600 Scanner, A Kenwood TM V710A and an audio amp for rebroadcast of audio from scanner or radio through an outside speaker behind the grill. It's in a Chevy
Silverado truck but has the same seat and floor area as you have. I too used particle board and covered it with felt.

Attachments

• Console 004.jpg
    Console 004.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 30,202
  • Console 006.jpg
    Console 006.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 40,181

RCR619

I mounted mine right to the doghouse. I used some self tapping screws and ran the coax under the carpet to the door channel. The power is ran right from the battery through the firewall. I have had three adults sitting in the front seat, and the radio was well out of the way.

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

Timb707

CB-Scanner Mount

This is what I did, I mounted my scanner directly to the dash, then I ordered a set of add on brackets from sirennet.com and connted them together. I love the set up, its easy,cheap and it dose not take up much leg room.

Attachments

• cbscanner.jpg
    cbscanner.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 41,986

firetaz834

You try the Gamber Johnson website, they do make a bracket that will attack to your front seat bolts that will allow you to mount your CB Radio to it. I'm using the same type of mount in my crown vic to mount a amature radio to it. Looks pretty sharp. If you search on some of my earlier posts you will see a picture of the mount.

Also, the mount is reasonablly priced and I think might do the trick for you.

ssime

Premium Subscriber
cb radio mounting

I'm not sure of your model and seat config. but on my ford I just put the C.B under my center mount armrest on mine the center armrest lifts up to use or not to, it doesn't have compartment or anything but I just put it under the rest between the bottom of armrest and the top of center of seat, no mounting it or anything it's outta my way I cant see the face of it but I use 1 channel always and know where the knobs are but it works for me just a thought.

gtriever

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately. I don't believe anyone makes a vehicle-specific radio console for any model year F150 (except the above-dash angle mount JottoDesk makes for 04-08 F150s). There are plenty on F150 laptop mounts, but no radio consoles (somebody may make one, but I have never found one in my searches).

That being said, you can buy pre-made generic angled consoles that may work for you. Check out the Havis "medium duty angled" consoles.

Surprised that you missed the link to the Havis vehicle-specific equipment, since you quoted a Havis generic... Granted, you might have to piece it together (vehicle mount, box, top plates, etc.) from the catalog. All the F150 parts can be found at that site.

KM4WLV

******EDIT****** I just realized the thread itself is from 2011. Hopefully the OP found a solution and maybe the more recent pics will help him or someone else, lol

I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but here are pics from my 2002 F-150 from a couple years ago. The console is actually a floor plate and some universal brackets that were made by Havis Shields. I got them from an old LEO car that the shop I used to work at did a removal on. I'm not sure if they make them anymore or not. I had a RS CB and a Pro-2055 scanner.

Hope it'll give ya some ideas as well !!

Overhead shot
Install1.jpg

Shot of floor plate and brackets from side
Install3.jpg

Antenna shots from drivers side A pillar
Install2.jpg

And one last shot of the antennas on the roof for good measure, lol
Install4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.