• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK890/790 headset off control head??

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjh

Feed Provider
Dual Band TK890/790

HI Im looking to install a headset to this mobile and was wondering if anyone had the pin out for the 12 pin aux connector on the back for control head? I did a search and couldnt find anything. Thanks

firefighterjh

Feed Provider
Thank You, any pointers on being able to read this radio. I had no problems with the 780 and 880 dual band radio. It comes up PC but then get an error message.

firefighterjh

Feed Provider
Hi I have set up a headset on these radios off the 12 pin aux port on the back of the control head and everything seems to be working other than no audio while keying up the headset? Any suggestions??
Thanks

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Did you check programming? I've never done this with a TK-x90, but I've done it with NX series radios. There are settings in the programming software that need to be properly set for audio input on the rear connector to work correctly.

firefighterjh

Feed Provider
I have checked everything I can find, I changed it to accept the ext. ptt and that is working just no audio from those rear ports. I havent fixed the "hot mic" yet so when keyed with the headset I can get audio from the regular mic but even with that disconnected it still doesn't work with just the headset.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
HI I have a headset installed off the 25 pin connector on the back of the control head

Thanks

???
The control head (if it's remoted) will have a 12 pin molex connector. The DB-25 connector is on the back of the radio chassis.

Hooking audio accessories to the control head is straight forward and should just work. If you use the DB-25 connector, a jumper needs to be moved inside the radio to enable the mic line.

You'll also need a headset that has a mic that is compatible. Do you know what type of mic you have?

firefighterjh

Feed Provider
I have a setcom headset with mic. I meant the 12 pin plug sorry, I have everything plugged into the 12 pin connector (it is remoted with a single head dual band) and have got the speakers in the headset to work just can not transmit audio while keying the mic on the headset unless I talk into the regular mic because I havent done the hot mic fix yet.

It sounds like I need to move the jumper you mentioned but would that be in the control head?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.