• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need Help: Yaesu FT857D Honda Pilot Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just opened the hood of the car and can't figure out where to route the power cable of the said radio. The firewall is so secured and can't find any available hole to insert line inside. Does anyone here have the same setup and successfully installed the radio. The vehicle is a '15 Honda Pilot. Hoping for answer and guide. Thanks.

Yes i did but its not that easy to access, it right behind the air filter and needs to remove the entire system just to route the wire there.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yes i did but its not that easy to access, it right behind the air filter and needs to remove the entire system just to route the wire there.

That was my experience with installing and working on Hondas. Not easy cars to install in. While disassembling the air filter housing will be time consuming, it will allow you to do a better install. It'd be well worth the time to do that.

You have a wide roof .. Mine is where to route the dc cord from the battery..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

freebird63

I have an Icom 706Mk11G, I was using a 102" whip for both 10 & 12 meters. I don't think the small lip beside the hood and fender will give me the strength to mount a whip there. I may have to just settle for 10 meters. I think I found a spot to route my power cable through the firewall.

freebird63

The spot I am going to use is on the driver's side, the previous owner had run a power wire for a stereo amp. Its a very tight fit thou....as with most of these new vehicles

The spot I am going to use is on the driver's side, the previous owner had run a power wire for a stereo amp. Its a very tight fit thou....as with most of these new vehicles

Ok, can you point to me where? like maybe an image..if its fine for you. thanks

kh11

Premium Subscriber
I have a 2007 honda pilot and have been scratching my head on where to mount an antenna.

No roof rack?

On my 2008 Pilot, I use a mag mount for my scanner, with the cable running out of the rear hatch. Side impact air bags are great, but they sure make it hard to route a cable for a roof mount.

freebird63

Yes I will get a picture and post it as soon as I get home.
Yes I was thinking maybe a wilson 5000, a friend uses one and a tuner and can access 10 & 12 meters. Sure do love my 102" whip though. horizonscanner what are you doing about an antenna??

No, i dont have any issue with the cable. The thing im asking for help is Where you guys route/run through the firewall from the battery side. I got a '15 pilot and cant find find a way in using the firewall for my dc cord cable.

found a rubber gourmet upper left of the steering bar, out is just upper right the brake drum and just enough close to the battery.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Now that you found a route for your power cable, let's revisit the antenna...

On my 2015 Pilot, as I did on my 2009 Pilot in the past and both my Odyssey's I used a Diamond K400 mount for the HF and NMO's for VHF, UHF and scanners. See: http://forums.radioreference.com/pi...-n9jig-mobile-updated-spring.html#post2536879

The K400 is great, with 4 set screws it is secure. It allows for several dimensions of adjustment so the antenna is oriented properly.

On the Pilot there is a dual metal lip. If you remove the interior metal trim piece you can use an Allen wrench to tighten the set screws. I never figured that out until the current car and would have saved a while lot of grief if I had...

Yes, i have a k400c the one with thin cable.i bent the center stab out just to be sure not to hit the surface of the backlight. The antenna is a yaesu atas120a. The k400 and antenna is sturdy enough at the speed of 85m/hr.

Status
Not open for further replies.