• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mounting a Yaesu FTM-3200DR In a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverine

Does any one have any idea's as far as mounting a Yaesu FTM-3200DR in my 2011 Hyundai Sonata?

Special mounting idea's and bracket mount idea's?

Thanks

2011_hyundai_sonata_dashboard.jpg

painel-sonata-2012.jpg

bharvey2

Is a separation kit available for that radio? What amount mounting the face in what appears to be a cubby hole under the climate control console?

k6cpo

Is a separation kit available for that radio? What amount mounting the face in what appears to be a cubby hole under the climate control console?

The FTM-3200DR does not separate. It's a single unit. That, and the fact it's single band (2 meters) and doesn't have all the GPS/APRS, Wires-X, etc. of the other System Fusion® radios is why the price point is so low.

As far as mounting is concerned, you have to ensure the radio has adequate ventilation. With a max power of 65 Watts, it can probably get a tad warm. The other consideration for mounting is do you want to drill holes in your dash or not.

mrweather

If you don't routinely carry passengers maybe consider mounting it to the side of the console.

If that doesn't work and you really want a Fusion radio, you might have to spend a bit more and get the FTM-100DR since it gives more mounting options.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
A seat gooseneck seems to be the no hole solution.

If the radio had a remote head option id recommend a Panavise InDash mount coupled with a ram pedestal which still may be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russellmaher

KC1ANC
I would second mrweather's idea of mounting it on the side of the console, so that the unit faces upwards so you can see the screen and can work the controls. The speaker is located on the front panel instead of the bottom so the sound shouldn't be obstructed.

I have used this location for mounting radios when there are no locations on or under the dashboard to mount them. This spot has worked fairly well for me but it could prove inconvenient for someone sitting in the passenger seat. I would use the measurements of the radio to approximate how much space will be needed in that location.

I have an 06 Sonata and agree that there isn't an enormous amount of space there.

Good Luck...

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.