• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

F-150 2011 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Hey!

Do you guys have any tips about installation of:
XPR4550
Uniden CB
Uniden BCD436HP

In my 2011 F-150
I would like some kind of idea for a removable box i would install "over the transmission"
But if i need to have 6 person in the truck, i need to be able to remove pretty easily

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_7962.jpg
    IMG_7962.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,187

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If you need to keep seating for 6, you are going to have to get creative.

I've got a 2011 F150 super crew and I installed a VHF CDM-1550 and an 800MHz NX-900. Both are remote head.
The control heads are mounted under the center dash stack. The bottom "cubby hole" was blocked by the CDM, I mounted the bracket for the control head to the top of the hole. The NX-900 control head is mounted under the CDM. 2 Motorola speakers are mounted behind the control heads to the plastic cover under the dash.
The two RF decks are mounted behind the back seat.
Front/Center passenger has little leg room, but it's usually my 11 year old son that gets seated there. Rarely have 6 in the cab, though.

Remote heads are really ideal for this setup if you can't install a console in the center.

Antennas are pretty easy to install on these trucks. I have a 1/4 wave VHF whip dead center on the roof and an 800MHz 1/4 wave near the back above the rear stop light.

I pulled a #6 from the battery and run back to a distribution block behind the rear seat.

5 years and I'm still pretty happy with the setup.

guttapercha

Wow! Thats exacly what i want to do! What did you do for Power?

Power directly to battery through firewall on passenger side. Please post pics when you've completed your project!

I'm looking at '16s now (I start worrying about reliability after about 7 years, though this truck has been absolutely fantastic now with 83k). The center raised strip in the roof is a concern for installing NMOs and I'm hesitant to mount them off-center for cosmetic reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.