RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Radio Equipment Installation Forum

Radio Equipment Installation Forum - Forum for discussing how to install radio communications equipment in Mobile, Base, Command Post, EOC, etc configurations.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2017, 8:28 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Need help Installing antenna and power cord

I have a 2014 Ford F-150 that I am wanting to put to mount a 2 meter/440 antenna to fender (the mount is in place) I need to bring the coax cable though the fire wall as well as on the other side for the power cable. Has anyone done this and if so would you be kind enough to share.

Thanks

Jacob
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2017, 9:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

on the big rubber grommet on the firewall by the hinges on both the passenger side and drivers side there is a nipple on the top of the grommet. cut off and pass a still wire through and look under the dashboard where it comes through. That is what it is there for
Old 04-29-2017, 11:32 PM

Yeah, I agree. That's usually the way to do it on these trucks. Same trick has worked for GM trucks and a few other vehicles.

I've got a 2011 F150, however all my antennas are NMO mounts on the roof and power is brought in on a heavy cable to a point behind the rear seat (crew cab). I didn't use the firewall path on this truck.

For the power feed, just use the same path as the coax. I don't recall finding a path on the passenger side firewall.