• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

BCD996P2 in Dash Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
I finally got around to getting this done. 2016 Honda CR-V but this would work on hundreds of different vehicles.

Removed Stock dual-DIN car radio.

Replaced with single DIN Kenwood KMM-BT318U Stereo and single DIN Uniden BCD996P2 (din sleeve not needed).

Total cost for stereo, wiring harness, double Din mounting kit, antenna cable adaptor, plastic dash removal tools was $125 shipped from Crutchfield. They basically give you the install stuff if you buy a car stereo. Stereo has bluetooth, USB port, mic for hands free phone operation, etc.

Antennas are Comet SS460B ham dual-band and EM Wave1/4" whip for scanner.

Works and sounds great. Using 2 kenwood KES-3 external speakers.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,345
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,337
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,376
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,260

lou9155

thats a great install! your lucky with a standard din opening most newer vehicles like my highlander that would be impossible

northzone

Premium Subscriber
thats a great install! your lucky with a standard din opening most newer vehicles like my highlander that would be impossible

I just looked up Highlander on the Crutchfield site. It shows a kit for 2014 and newer Highlanders what will take single or double DIN radios. I think it might be possible. I did not use the DIN sleeves, the DIN size radios go into the mounting bracket you purchase. My stock radio was not DIN sized.

Last edited:

lou9155

I just looked up Highlander on the Crutchfield site. It shows a kit for 2014 and newer Highlanders what will take single or double DIN radios. I think it might be possible. I did not use the DIN sleeves, the DIN size radios go into the mounting bracket you purchase. My stock radio was not DIN sized.

this is true however the head unit doubles as the screen for the backup camera its huge...prob the best part of this vehicle

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Nice job! I removed my stock dual DIN radio in my Hyundai Santa Fe and put in a new car stereo and my 536HP. It looks nice and solved a dilemma of where to put the darn thing :cool: And Best Buy installed both (since I bought the new stereo there) for $65!

Mike

allend

Premium Subscriber
Nice setup. You went with the right radio with the work horse BCD996P2. Great Phase II system that was built in the clear. Nice setup for the mount antenna's on the roof of your vehicle. I bet you are super happy with the setup.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
It is refreshing and extremely positive to see permanent antenna mounts, and not magnetic-mounted antennas on your quality installation! I have TWELVE NMO-style mounts on my mobile, never opting for temporary mounting of ANYTHING!

K7MFC

WRAA720
Very nice install! I just got myself a BCD996P2 recently and have really been enjoying it.

milcom_chaser

Sweet install!

You could run a short stereo 1/8" patch from the headphone out of the scanner to the input on the Kenwood stereo... Yes, I know there are external speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.