• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Need Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

firetaz834

I thought I would enlist the assistance of the group in something that I'm about to undertake. Just got a new vehicle then I had. 2015 Ford Police Utility. I'm going to be mounting several radios but used to doing my mounting in a sedan. Any ideas on how to create an enclosure for mounting radio equipment that is disguiseable of anyone looking into the vehicle. Also, has to be able to be moved in case I need to get to the spare tire.

I've seen already constructed enclosures and they cost a pretty penny. Have seen pictures of what some of the groups has done. So, any pictures would be helpful in coming up with a design.

Time frame to get this done is open, want to do it right, so any assistance would be deeply appriciated.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I thought I would enlist the assistance of the group in something that I'm about to undertake. Just got a new vehicle then I had. 2015 Ford Police Utility. I'm going to be mounting several radios but used to doing my mounting in a sedan. Any ideas on how to create an enclosure for mounting radio equipment that is disguiseable of anyone looking into the vehicle. Also, has to be able to be moved in case I need to get to the spare tire.

I've seen already constructed enclosures and they cost a pretty penny. Have seen pictures of what some of the groups has done. So, any pictures would be helpful in coming up with a design.

Time frame to get this done is open, want to do it right, so any assistance would be deeply appriciated.

The antennas will betray what’s inside the car. Not much point in hiding it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12dbsinad

Are you looking to hide the radio RF decks or everything including the control head(s)?

firetaz834

I may have misspoke myself when I said I wanted to hide it from prying eyes. My windows are tinted so others won't be able to see much. I'm looking for an ideas for an enclosure for the RF decks to make the interior look more uncluttered (also to protect them from accidental damage when I put things in the back.

Not worried about hiding the control heads of the radio equipment.

Just looking to come up with some ideas for a nice enclosure fro the RF decks.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I may have misspoke myself when I said I wanted to hide it from prying eyes. My windows are tinted so others won't be able to see much. I'm looking for an ideas for an enclosure for the RF decks to make the interior look more uncluttered (also to protect them from accidental damage when I put things in the back.

Not worried about hiding the control heads of the radio equipment.

Just looking to come up with some ideas for a nice enclosure fro the RF decks.

Mount them under the rear deck, in the trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12dbsinad

Try under the rear seats, there is some real estate for radio decks, etc.

Now, you may have tried tugging and pulling to fold the seats forward without success. That is because on the police interceptor explorer the rear seats are bolted down and not designed to fold.

You'll need a 21mm (I think) and an extension (use 1/2 drive if you have it) and remove the 4 crown lock nuts that hold the seat "foot" down to the floor. They are under the cargo flap. Then remove the 2 15mm bolts on the sides of the seat. Lift up the side bottom skirting and you will see them.

After that the seats will hinge forward exposing the floor. If you play around with the decks you can fit a fair amount of equipment in that general area. Just be careful about drilling the floor, the gas tank is directly underneath! Once everything is said and done, fold the seats back, bolt it down, and nobody will see a thing, and no external boxes taking up cargo room!

firetaz834

Try under the rear seats, there is some real estate for radio decks, etc.

Now, you may have tried tugging and pulling to fold the seats forward without success. That is because on the police interceptor explorer the rear seats are bolted down and not designed to fold.

You'll need a 21mm (I think) and an extension (use 1/2 drive if you have it) and remove the 4 crown lock nuts that hold the seat "foot" down to the floor. They are under the cargo flap. Then remove the 2 15mm bolts on the sides of the seat. Lift up the side bottom skirting and you will see them.

After that the seats will hinge forward exposing the floor. If you play around with the decks you can fit a fair amount of equipment in that general area. Just be careful about drilling the floor, the gas tank is directly underneath! Once everything is said and done, fold the seats back, bolt it down, and nobody will see a thing, and no external boxes taking up cargo room!

I had not thought about that, I will take a look and see if that is a possibility for what I want to do.

firetaz834

I'm planning on installing a Motorola XTL5000 VHF, Motorola XPR550e DMR mobile, and a very rare Motorola remote mount CB radio. I may have other equipment to go along with it, but that is the beginning equipment that is going into the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.