• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DIN Sleeve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman5050

Does anybody have a picture of the DIN sleeve for a BCT-15?

I just ordered a BCT-15 last night to put in my government vehicle (I work as a narcotics investigator) and I am trying to determine the different ways to mount the scanner. I will be assigned a different vehicle next week and I don't knolw what it will be yet so I have to leave my options open until I know what type of vehicle I get.

Thanks in advance.

Thayne

Most of the time you are better off to not use the din sleeve if the vehicle is designed for din or double din. Your scanner will actually mount the same way a stock radio mounts.

one reason some would rather use the din sleeve is that if someone wants your radio(s) they won't tear it up so much during the theft.
My experience has been that they just break anything in the way so I would rather make it harder such as by mounting it in the normal way and then using allen or torx screws instead of the usual phillips head. Then they might give up stealing the radios if it would take too long. Then again,if they are pissed they might set the whole thing on fire:mad:

nexus

hahahahah.... That'd be me....

*Trying to get the scanner out of the dash* damn it #&*^$*&%_@(^%$% COME ON GET THE *^*_(^%(^#&% OUT OF THERE! crap! TORX!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH! AHHHH F*IT! *lights up some loose papers and chunks them under the seat and walks away empty handed*

*shakes fist at now fully engulfed vehicle* that'll teach you to use torx and make it difficult for me to take your scanner!

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Out of the box, the BCT15 doesn't have a DIN sleeve. It does come with a nice heavy duty mounting bracket that is nice and wide. You can order a DIN sleeve if you want from Uniden. I heard they are about $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.