• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Waltel Mobile Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronmicha

Waltel had the greatest selection of mobile scanner brackets I've ever seen anywhere at great prices. Anyone ever buy one from them that might have an actual manufacturer name on it that might help me track down who made them for Waltel. Some appeared to be for CB use but were sturdy and would work great for today's mobile scanners. Too bad they're out of business.
Thanks.
Ron in Memphis

JohnWayne

I am not sure exactly which bracket you are referring to, but handheld scanner type holders were made by Pro.Fit. We also had some mobile radio type brackets made by Kendoo.

What are you looking for?

Jeff

ronmicha

Waltel Mounts-Not Brackets

Actually, I misspoke. I meant to say that Waltel had a nice selection of mounts for transmission humps, and auto floors. They did have great brackets but I have those. I really meant to say something to mount the radio on--on the floorboard.
Sorry for my confusion.
Thanks.
Ron in Memphis

Julian1

Mobile Brackets by SMC

I had great luck with SMC.

Since I had a console in a Ford Fusion, I used their lap top post mount. The folks there were very helful.

The links below show pics and the last link below....that post has links to SMC's website. They were very helpful to me.

I will update my pics and post again soon. I have eliminated the RAM mount I used atop the SMC since I have installed additional extensions. Take a look and check the SMC website.

Good luck,
Julian

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44284

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44283

Julian1

Mobile Brackets by SMC

I had great luck with SMC.

Since I had a console in a Ford Fusion, I used their lap top post mount. The folks there were very helful.

The links below show pics and the last link below....that post has links to SMC's website. They were very helpful to me.

I will update my pics and post again soon. I have eliminated the RAM mount I used atop the SMC since I have installed additional extensions. Take a look and check the SMC website.

Good luck,
Julian

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44284

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44283

Julian1

SMC

These are the bases plus the supports & pillars I used in my Fusion.
Julian

Laptop Mounts and Accessories

SMC provides hardware and accessories to mount your laptop or data terminal in a mobile environment. Select a sub-category below to view our product lines. For large orders, please call toll-free 1-800-527-1079.

Motorola
Panasonic
Bases
Supports & Pillars
Accessories

kg4ekc

I have a radio mount and rack for my 440 and 6 meter control heads in my F250 the a manual transmission. They had the best option, price, quality and were very helpful in picking out the equipment that would work the best. I am running a GE S990 Control head and an S550 Control head stacked in one of their racks. It really worked very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.