• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How to remove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9GTJ

Anyone know how to remove the little tray from my Ford Ranger? I have not been all the way under the dash but I don't see any screws visible.

Attachments

• 2005_Ford_Ranger_Edge_interior.jpg
    2005_Ford_Ranger_Edge_interior.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 6,437

RISC777

Check out a local auto parts store. Look for the the $17 to $20 Chiltons or Haynes manuals for your year, make, and model. Usually they'll let you look through one without having to buy it. Or you can buy it and have it for other "do-it-yourself and don't pay someone labor charges" projects/jobs.

FPO703

You might even do a google search. There are quite a few sites out there for the armchair mechanics to hang out at.

fireside

Premium Subscriber
I also have a Ranger. The cup holders have an insert, pull them out and you should see the screws if i remember right. Its been a while since i took mine out. With the cup holder removed, their is a plastic part that is screwed down as well. Took that and drilled a couple holes to line up with the 2096 mounting bracket. When i get the time i'am going to make something to get it up higher. Hope this helps.

kc8qch

RE: How to Remove

I had a 1998 Ford Ranger. If you pull the cup holder inserts all the way up, they pop out. Then take a screwdriover and lift the rubber bottom covers off the bottom of the cup holders. Under there is a locking knob. Take a screw driver and turn it till it unlocks (under both cupholders) and the whole tray will come out. It mounts on a flat plastic piece that you can then use for a mounting plate. I did the same thing and had a "stack" there when I had my Ranger. Took me years to figure the darn thing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.