• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Using An Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I use an Austin Spectra mobile antenna with really good results , probably been asked a million times but what is THE BEST mobile scanner antenna available.

I have mine mounted on a Larsen NMO magnet mount in the center of the roof for the groundplane. Am I thinking best with that antenna ?

Like I said , very good results. Just like everybody else when it comes to scanning - want MORE .... LOL

p.s. mobile scanner is a Pro-2096!

:cool:

N4JNW

I'll tell you, but you're going to think I'm a total nut...

The BEST hands down mobile scanner antenna I've ever used, was a magnetic mount cell phone antenna. That's right.. One of the OLD antennas that came with bag phones. About 12" tall, and has a small coil in the middle. Recieved 800/900 mhz like nobody's business, and was also spectacular on VHF Hi/UHF.

Go check out a pawnshop, and pick up one for about 10 bucks. Slap you a BNC on it, and see for yourself..

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
KG4LJF said:
I'll tell you, but you're going to think I'm a total nut...

The BEST hands down mobile scanner antenna I've ever used, was a magnetic mount cell phone antenna. That's right.. One of the OLD antennas that came with bag phones. About 12" tall, and has a small coil in the middle. Recieved 800/900 mhz like nobody's business, and was also spectacular on VHF Hi/UHF.

Go check out a pawnshop, and pick up one for about 10 bucks. Slap you a BNC on it, and see for yourself..
Hey opinions are what I'm looking for and I have to admit I've used something like that with good results also. Had a radio Shack through the glass one on an older vehicle I had , that wasn't to bad. I also have used the Rad Shack 2 Meter / 70 Centimeter Scanner antenna and that wasn't bad at all. The jeezy magnet didn't work out to well so I made myself a mount to slip over it same as this but it slipped over the base and has a rubber grommet this one is for an old MONI 51 I had but same idea., check it out , might be ugly but very effective and I guess I could paint it black or something.

techmountfj0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.