• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

1999 Dodge Stratus CB Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heff

Hello, I have a newb question I guess but I am having trouble with wiring my CB Radio to the fuse box. I have a Uniden Pro 538w. The antena is already installed, and wired into the cb radio properly. I just got to the point where I can't get the wires properly wired into the fuse box, because frankly I have never done anything like this before. I looked on google for awhile but all the sites basically said that basic wiring which they arn't going over so i guess i need to know basic wiring to the fuse box. Thanks in advanced

-Heff

gfrench

I just ran the Blk & Red wire thru the firewall and wired it directly to the battery.

Going directly to the battery will help supress electrical noise produced from the vehicle.

Just make sure you have an in-line fuse on the hot wire.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It might be easier to wire it to the back of your cigarette lighter socket. There is plenty of current available from that point, and your power cable for your CB is already fused to protect it.

durango5550

Booger D.
If you want to go from the fuse box i suggest the following:

use a fuse tap to tap the hot side of the fuse box with the red wire and run the black wire to ground ( usually any metal surface on the vehicle )( there should be at least one empty slot to use)

I have use that for single units before in the past and never had a problem, if you intend on installing more than one radio i recomend wiring it directly to the battery and make sure you use fusable links as well if you do that.

Good luck
Dan

kf4lne

As I recall the 99 is just like the 96 Stratus or similar... I have a 96 with a IC2200H, cobra 19DXIV and various other electrical gadgets installed in the car. The easiest way to get power under the dash is to run a wire through the firewall at a location you feel comfortable with ( I drilled a hole) and connect it to that big POSITIVE jump start terminal with a good quality ring connector and a healthy dose of connector grease. Connect the negative lead to something under the dash, I I used an existing hole in the fuse compartment and added a bolt and nut to it and again a healthy dose of connector grease. Now the big problem with the Stratus is the lack of radio mounting options. I had to sacrifice my cup holders and mounted the 2200 in the cubby hole in front of the gear shift and mounted the CB on the side of the console. I installed a portable scanner mounted on a pro-clip that is attached to one of the bolts holding the heat controls in place behind the trim panel. Remember that if you run wire through the firewall to be sure it is fused in the engine compartment as close to its connection to the electrical supply as you can get and be sure to use a good grommet to protect the wire from abrasion at the firewall. I couldn't get to an existing opening so I drilled one on the passenger side in the space between the steering rack and the heater core and ran the wire along the existing harness around to the drivers side where the jump start post is.

Take a look at this post and tell me if this is the same layout you have in your car. These are outdated pics and son't show the CB and the relocated scanner, but here it is anyway: http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32270

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.