• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

2001 Toyota Camry LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWiley

Hi All. This is a great forum! Very informative.

Here's the problem. I have a BC-350A, BC796D and I may add some other equipment later. What would be the best way to mount the scanners? I currently have the BC-350A mounted to the drive shift column on the passengers side with a Motorola Speaker hooked to it. I cannot put the scanner on the driver's side as it will be in the way of my driving(we don't want that!) So, any advice. I can take some pics if you would like.

Thanks in advance.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
pic's of your car would be great to see what you have done and not done, sometimes just sitting out there with your stuff just holding it in different places helps you figure where to put it to.

AWiley

RE: 2001 Toyota Camry

I have attached the pictures of my current set-up. Take a look and see what you think.

Attachments

• DSCN1251.JPG
    DSCN1251.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 1,768
  • DSCN1253.JPG
    DSCN1253.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 1,600
  • DSCN1254.JPG
    DSCN1254.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 1,644
  • DSCN1255.JPG
    DSCN1255.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 13,072
  • DSCN1256.JPG
    DSCN1256.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 2,817

benjaminfs733

I have a 1995 Camry and a aftermarket CD player, which left a big section just right for a 780. I ran speaker cable down underneath the cup holder (used a radio shack speaker) and ran my computer cable into the cigarette box. It is a great set-up. Not sure from the pictures if you can do it on the one you have but here are some pics. (Sorry if the pics are small).

Attachments

• Camery 002.JPE
    Camery 002.JPE
    15.2 KB · Views: 2,385
  • Camery 001.JPE
    Camery 001.JPE
    15 KB · Views: 4,387
  • Camery 003.JPE
    Camery 003.JPE
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,567
  • Camery 004.JPE
    Camery 004.JPE
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,468

AWiley

Good ideas on the 1995 Camry. But it appears as though there is a noticeable difference between the 1995 and 2001 models. I considered putting the scanner in where the cigarette tray is, but it looks like the hole is too small. Any more suggestions?

AC7NT

I belive that you have a 'Double DIN' hole for the audio gear... If you were to replace it with a standard aftermarket CD Reciever you would have better audio and more importantly a slot for your scanner. It may take some creative work with a filler panel to get it right but it is possible.

AC7NT

benjaminfs733

I agree, or you could just not have a radio at all and have two scanners! If you don't use your passenger area much you could stack your scanners on a goose neck coming from your floor board (if that makes any sense). Sorry, other than that I can't think of anything. In my situation it took a long time of thinking about it before I came up with the solution I currently have.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
I was about to suggest the same.

In basic terms, your car stereo is "double" the size of a aftermarket car stereo. My siverado was the same way. You can take it out and replace it with an aftermarket stereo like Sony, Panasonic, Etc... and free up enough room to mount your scanner under/above it. Both can fit in that hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.