• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mount a BCT 15 in a 2006 Toyota Tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

1idvet

Anyone have a 2006 Tacoma install done?

I am looking at mounting a BCT15 in my Taco, but the options seem pretty limited.
There is a cubby hole under the radio that is a likely candidate, but want to know if anyone else has done an install in a Tacoma.

Thanks.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Usually those "cubby holes" hide standard DIN-E or (in the case of Toyota) DIN-ISO slots that the scanner would slip right into once the plastic cubby tubby is removed. No direct experience, though (I mounted in my 2007 Camry between the gear select and "arm rest" storage box by removing a cubby and cutting the plastic some to allow the scanner to slide in vertically).

1idvet

UPMan, thanks for the info.

I am new at this so forgive my ignorance.
I have a window mount antenna that I bought for my scanner.
It is a Valor Model TGS scanner antenna.
Problem is the connector on the antenna is not the correct connector for the BCT15.
Is there an adapter that I need to buy, or do I have to do some other "rigging" to get this to work?

Thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Usually there are adapters. I'm not familiar with that antenna, so can't be more specific. You can also usually cut off the (unknown) connector and install a BNC type in its place.

1idvet

I see. The current connector is a "Male Motorola Plug".
I take it that Radio Shack would have the plug I need then.

Thanks again.
I get less ignorant on a daily basis.

turtlexiv

1idvet, I've got a 06 Taco that I have installed a variety of equipment in. Drop me a message if you need any more information.

1idvet

Thanks turtlexiv

I finally got around to installing the scanner.
I'll get some pics of it shortly.
I wouldn't mind seeing how you set yours up.

1idvet

Here's a pic

I took this pic with my cell phone.
It is mounted on the passenger side, my wife's knee is to the side of it, so there is no issue of her knee getting damaged by it in an accident.

It's in a good spot and allows me to keep using my cup holders, which were blocked when I had it set in the cubby hole, while I decided on its final location.

I haven't hard wired it, no real need to, so I may just leave it plugged in as is.

I'll get some better pics later.

Attachments

• 04-20-07_1146.jpg
    04-20-07_1146.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 900
Status
Not open for further replies.