• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tahoe console install

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitationX

Greetings! I own a 2005 Chevy Tahoe Z71 and would like to use the storage shelves in the console to install radios (a scanner and a dual-band mobile). I've Googled in an atempt to find a kit or whatever to facilitate this. I've also searched this thread and haven't found anything. Can anyone suggest a resource or perhaps a vendor who does this sort of thing? Thanks!

David
WX4U

SLWilson

00-07 GM Products....

'00-'07 Tahoe/Suburban/CK1500/2500 Pickup/Avalanche /Hummer H2- Base Only -425-2225 View On Line Price $105.00 - From JottoDesk....Here's the website.....
http://www.jottodesk.com

It replaces your existing upholders and part of the front of the dash - Where the accy/lighter plugs are.....See picture below....

Or, I've included a shot of what I did in my 04 Tahoe Z71......Steve/KB8FAR :wink:

Attachments

• Tahoe Console.jpg
    Tahoe Console.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 6,143
  • Tahoe2.JPG
    Tahoe2.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 7,183
  • Tahoe3.JPG
    Tahoe3.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 3,864

CitationX

Thanks Steve! That's the closest thing to what I've sought. If I'm only installing two radios, it seems like overkill, but I might go that route anyway. Cheers!
David/WX4U

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Actually, that console is 250-300 bucks depending on who you get it from. I shopped around for a month and ended up getting it for a few bucks above dealer cost at $250. I put it in my truck oiver the weekend and words can't describe it. I'll upload some pics very shortly. Well worth the money in my opinion.

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
Here's what I have in my console so far. (At the very top of the pic is is a BCT-15 in a double-din mount and right above the actual console is a Kenwood TM-D700A which is waiting on some time for wire routing :)

The Top slot in the console is my Icom 706MKIIG remote head in a modified Spectra bracket

Under that is my VHF Remote Spectra (for sale) in a Troy Consoles faceplate ( I was short a Jotto Desk Face plate)

On the bottom is my UHF remote mount Spectra with DEK

And last but not least, a cigarette lighter plug / rocker switch faceplate.

All went in very easy. The Top VHF Spectra is coming out and a Kenwood TK-790 will go there when I can get the blasted thing working (grrrrrrrr)

I work with alot of Jotto Deks products in my work and they are very good products.

Attachments

• dayconsole.jpg
    dayconsole.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 8,992
  • niteconsole.jpg
    niteconsole.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 6,141

kingpin

Trailer Park Supervisor
wise871 said:
Check out the setup on this link.
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39951&highlight=Tahoe

I also have a 2005 Tahoe and plan to set mine up like this once I get my Ham ticket. The Silverado and Tahoe have the same setup.

I did this for a while. It is VERY cramped behind that bottom pocket in my 03 silverado. There's plastic bracing and other waste back there which can be cut out with a dremmel tool to open up more room. I haven't checked the newer ones to see if it's the same but mine wouldn't go all the way back, even with the back of the pocket cout out.

TonkatoyLFD

I know this old

Was wondering if any of you guys have any idea how to locate this stuff now. I have a 2004 Tahoe with bench seat but will buy from a junkyard the OEM console if i can locate this setup.. Any help???

Status
Not open for further replies.