• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Shack security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper43

So how do you protect your investment? Besides a home alarm and video survelience I have the added security of one Barn Cat and Cassie, a 1 year and 3 month old Rot/Pitbull who weighs 95lbs. The cat strikes and runs, the dog strikes and holds on till I come home.... or until you no longer pose a threat to my property. The pizza man thinks the sign outside needs changed to Beware of Cat instead of beware of dog as the cat ran out, bit him and ran back in the house. They both do a great job of protecting the place though. Thanks to them they alerted me to someone trying to take one of my welders, I opened the door and they dropped the welder and Cassie had him. I told her to let go and he ran off. As he jumped into an awaiting truck I heard "we ain't comin back here again". Even if I am not home she can get out, and get to the garage :). She doesn't even play nice.....
It is nice though knowing you won't have too many unexpected guests....everyone who knows mr calls before coming over......so I put the cat away :) That psycho cat messes with the dog, and she'd be snack for the dog
V

Attachments

• JS076303b.jpg
    JS076303b.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 1,780
  • JS076313b.jpg
    JS076313b.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 1,712

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If your cat ran out the door and bit the pizza delivery guy, that pizza might end up costing you a lot more than you ever imagined!

Viper43

spiritwolfpr said:
Hello Friend:

That is awesom but how did you teach her to hold on
the bad dude....?;)
I didn't teach her anything, I guess it comes naturally....of course both her parents were notoriusly mean to certain people, she's the same, if she likes you your fine, if not look out. She was that way at 10 weeks old. He parents both survived Katrina and my neice adopted her then decided she couldn't have two dogs in her NYC apartment so this one ended up mine. She has a BAD habit of chewing live electrical wires too...maybe she learned that watching me work with live wires :)

V

Viper43

GreatLakes said:
If your cat ran out the door and bit the pizza delivery guy, that pizza might end up costing you a lot more than you ever imagined!

The statute of limitations has expired :) but hey, the guy wouldn't have gotten much anyway. It sure suprised me, I thought I was the only one that cat would bite. She attacks me all the time, even when I am sleeping.

V

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Viper43 said:
The statute of limitations has expired :) but hey, the guy wouldn't have gotten much anyway. It sure suprised me, I thought I was the only one that cat would bite. She attacks me all the time, even when I am sleeping.

V

I had a cat that was very affectionate to the entire family, but if anyone else came over to the house, she turned into a Tasmanian Devil! We really had to watch her. One time she even cornered a painter in our house. The guy was screaming like a girl. My wife had to go save him! :p

Now I have two male cats that are really mellow.

Viper43

It's amazing how afraid some people are of cats, some more afraid of cats than dogs :)

V

Viper43

Oh she loves to play......but you do need to check to make sure you have all your fingers afterwards. She plays ball great, even drops the ball in your hand. Shes great at the vets, licks the vet and nurses before and after shots..... others wise she is a pain the backside. Today she took all the pillows off the bed and outside to her dog house, one is in pieces and still out there :(

V

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
26.gif

Viper43

There is just something different about being chewed on by a dog (or cat) thats protecting your property than shooting the suspect(s)....partly because they tend to scream a lot more, and there isn't as much chance of killing them so they get to visit Bubba and scream some more.

I just found out last night we have a crew going around the county stealing trailers and also riding mowers..... lol, I hope they visit my house, they will be in for a surprise if they try to drive off with any of my trailers or my mower...they move the house alarm goes off and then puppy will visit them....and S&W of course :)

V

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
n8emr said:
Mr Smith has the day shift, Mr Wesson has the evening shift.

Ditto. Their friend Mr. Winchester covers any day that they are on vacation, or as required...there is a large psychological factor at play when you rack a round into a shotgun chamber.

Misc1200706034.jpg

Last edited:

RagnarD

Premium Subscriber
In a valley that only a few know where it is
Viper43 said:
It's amazing how afraid some people are of cats, some more afraid of cats than dogs :)

V

I have been attacked by a cat and it is no fun. I watched a friends house while they went to Fl. one year and they had a cat that I think suffered from separation anxiety disorder.

The first time I went over there I got the mail and took it in the house. The cat met me at the door all nice and walking between my feet. I fed him and petted him for a minute. I was leaving and I heard this hissing behind me. Turned around and looked and yup, it was the cat. In fun I hissed back and the cat lunged at me and walked itself up the side of my bare leg. I had shorts on and was a bloody mess by the time I got the cat off of my leg.

I only had 6 more days to go there and look after the house after that. It as in August in the Mid-Atlantic and I was wearing jeans, had a hoodie pulled up over my head, leather work gloves and a spray bottle full of water every time I went back into that house. I would spray that cat the minute the walked I in the door, go feed it and walk with my back to the door to leave. It still tried to lunge at me once or twice but a quick spritz of water would stop it in it's tracks.

I never again offered to look after my friends house.

That cats name by the way is Taz.

de
chris
kq4z

Status
Not open for further replies.