Radio Shack 2040 Backlight Bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techy

Hoser here is the info the the lamp.

PL001 10791416 LAMP,PILOT 8V 0.2A L0200

10791416 is the part number.

Radio Shack parts should be able to order that lamp for you. Hope that helps :)

mcema699

Same answer?

isn't it the same bulb for all that series? 2050,2052 etc?

go to the store and buy the 6v (rated 6v, but will work), 272-114? , OR spend the extra $ and order the replacement either from RS or Uniden.

Your experience and opinion may differ.

godskidz

Bulb

I went to rat shack and got the 6 volt and put it in my 2052 and it works BUT it isnt bright like the stock one.
I am going to try the blue 12 volt one.
I dont see why a 12 volt wont work , it just wont be as bright as a 12 volt should be. Right or wrong?

mcema699

Blue LED or incandescent? I would think the 12v would be less bright than the 6v at the same ma. However it should last longer.

At the time I replaced mine, 12v leds were not the norm. However the blue ones sold at Advance and Auto Zone might actually give you the brightness and color tone you're seeking.

You certainly made me think about an alternative to the plain white bulb with the orange gel cap in my 2050.

You might buy an led in the color of your choice and vary the resistors to try the various voltages 6,8, and 12.

So has anyone tried that yet?

Disclaimer: Any modification and results from such attempts at modification shall be the sole resposiblity of person or persons attempting modification and could void any right to warranty that you may have. The idea expressed above is only to stimulate discussion.

Last edited:

hoser147

I put the 6v in for now not as bright as my 2052 but the 8v isnt stock, its like 4 somethin and the guy told me there would be shipping on that, what the heck is up with that, never have I paid them shipping to get it to the store??? Im going to check with the Auto parts stores and do some further tinkern...........Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.