pro 106 radio id's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogbobo

forgive me if this has been asked, but is there a way to alpha tag radio id's for genereal TRS system scanning?

or is the only point of radio id's to filter private/I-calls by radio id?

thanks in advance :)

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Yes, just set them as a PRIVATE id and give them an alpha tag.

Astrak

Although a way to auto store them and or a function key that would store them would be nice(correct me if this doesn't exist). I use Win500 now to auto store radio ID's and then alpha tag them later.

pogbobo

Yes, just set them as a PRIVATE id and give them an alpha tag.

so, create new TGRP, input radio id, set to private, and poof? :)

please correct me if i'm wrong, thanks!

--------

just to reiterate ... I'm talking about alpha taging a radio id so that is displays when i stop on a TGRP, ya know, on the 4th line ... i.e. in stead of "id 12345" i want "engine 1" or whatever ...

thanks

Last edited:

mikey60

so, create new TGRP, input radio id, set to private, and poof? :)

please correct me if i'm wrong, thanks!

--------

just to reiterate ... I'm talking about alpha taging a radio id so that is displays when i stop on a TGRP, ya know, on the 4th line ... i.e. in stead of "id 12345" i want "engine 1" or whatever ...

thanks

You got it...

Mike

pogbobo

You got it...

Mike

i just gave it a shot, and no go ... it still was displayed "ID: 12345" ... just to be clear, I am talking about normal TGRP activity, not private/I-calls .... what did I do wrong lol

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Did you check the "show radio ID's for group calls" box in Win500 (or whatever software you use?) Or you can do that in the radio. But by default it is off.

pogbobo

I have show radio id's to yes ... where is the setting you refer to? (manually, not win500)

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
By hand its "PGM-FUNC-GLOB, scroll down i think the third setting from the bottom, change to "yes", press "save".....

pogbobo

well three from the bottom is 138-175 5khz .... but five from the bottom is "Show RadioID" which has been set to 'yes' since before I started this thread ...

let me restate this again, I'm inquiring if it is possible to have radioID's alpha tagged AND displayed in place of 'ID: 12345' on the 4th line while scanning a TYSY and a normal TGID appears ... NOT Private/I-Calls :cool:

DonS

well three from the bottom is 138-175 5khz .... but five from the bottom is "Show RadioID" which has been set to 'yes' since before I started this thread ...

let me restate this again, I'm inquiring if it is possible to have radioID's alpha tagged AND displayed in place of 'ID: 12345' on the 4th line while scanning a TYSY and a normal TGID appears ... NOT Private/I-Calls :cool:

Yes, it's possible. Just setting the "Show RadioID" item to "Yes" will cause the scanner to show the IDs on line 4 of the LCD if it gets the radio ID*.

If you enter Private TGRP objects with the various RadioIDs and alpha tag them, the scanner will show the tag instead of the numeric ID.

Additionally, if you set the "RadioIDAlert" item to "Yes", the scanner will use any LED/backlight/tone alert settings from programmed Private TGRP objects instead of the group TGRP object's alert settings. For example, you could have a dispatch console's radio ID programmed as a Private TGRP object with alert settings different from the normal "Police Dispatch" Group TGRP object's settings. When the console initiates the call, the scanner will use the alert settings from the Private TGRP object instead of from the Group TGRP object.

*RadioIDs are only available on group calls for certain types of trunked systems (i.e. not LTR), and then only if the scanner receives the initial "grant" message on the control channel. If you are scanning more than just a single TSYS, the scanner will likely miss that initial "grant" message and won't be able to show any Radio ID or (if programmed) alpha tag.

pogbobo

thanks for all the info Don (and every one else)

I've created some TGRG objects and set them to private (within the same TSYS and scanlist), but when the radio stops on a tgrp it still only shows "id: 12345" ... what am i missing lol :confused:

DonS

I've created some TGRG objects and set them to private (within the same TSYS and scanlist), but when the radio stops on a tgrp it still only shows "id: 12345" ... what am i missing lol :confused:

Are you "Scanning"? The show-alpha-tag feature only works while scanning - not in MAN mode (because in MAN mode, the scanner is only looking at the single TGRP object you're "camped on" - and doesn't know about any other TGRP objects that might be programmed).

Are you scanning anything else at the same time (e.g. another TSYS, one or more CONV objects)? That will likely keep you from getting any RadioIDs at all.

When you created the "Private TGRP" objects, did you set their IDs to known RadioIDs that will be initiating calls on the talkgroups you're monitoring? Line 4 of the LCD will show "RadioID: xxxxxx" instead of a programmed alpha tag if you didn't create a Private TGRP object for RadioID <xxxxxx>.

pogbobo

ah ... scanning helps ... thats embarising :eek:

thanks for all the help everyone :)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Has anyone else had experience with radio ID's working on Type I/Type IIi Motorola systems? The City of London Ontario fire department uses a Type IIi system (with Type I talkgroups mainly) and their radio ID's never show 98.5% of the time. I'm assuming this is just a Type I thing. It will also be a moot point before long as they are switching over to an EDACS system.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
I am confused!

Are the radio ID’s not unique?

Over the last ½ hour I have logged the same radio ID for three different talk groups. ID: 01017 showed for Medcorp, Ohio State Patrol Post 52 & Ohio Turnpike Commission West Ops.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Was it the same unit talking on all three? And that doesn't look like the format of the Radio ID output, or were you just paraphrasing?

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
No, diffrent users talking. That is not the only radio ID to do this. 00654 & 01017.

I ran across several odd ID's tonight. 00823, 00654, 00699, 00823, 00535, 00972, 00672 & 00654. All of these came from the Elyria, Grafton and Strongsville towers.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Agree with Astrak - make sure you have trunking channel OFF and radio id ON. It will show "Radio ID: xxxxx" not "ID:"

Status
Not open for further replies.