Pro 93 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hi.
I am having problems with my Pro 93. The other day I went to turn it on with dead batteries. After I put in fresh ones the radio works without LCD display.
I checked out my Yahoo Pro93/95 group and they advised me to:
click manual, then function, then 9 then adjust the contrast. This failed 2 do anything.
I had this problem last summer, I am having a severe case of brain not rememberitis but there is a group online for glitches with the Pro 93 and I cannot find it.
Does anyone know how to fix my problem or the online site in which I need.

thx in advance,

Eric

KE5BCP

Analog Man
Eric,

Not sure of the site you are referring to, and you said you tried to fix it manually, but have you done a "download" from the 93 to Win93 to see if you can see anything out-of-the-ordinary in the file? The Display Contrast will at times come back set at a strange value (should be "0", or anything between -3 and +3).

Chris-M

Mine does the same thing on occasion when my batteries crap out.

The 'function 9' fix:

Turn on scanner. Press MANUAL. Press F then 9. Then press the ^ up arrow button a few times. Hopefully your LCD contrast problem will be solved. Then press ENTER if/when your LDC contrast is set. Hope this works.

I have all of my data and settings saved on my laptop with WIN93. When my display blanks, I just plug it in and reload it. Once you get yours up and running again ya might consider downloading WIN93 and doing the same if you haven't already done so. Well worth it!

As for the reset or re-initialize, this is all I could find.

http://support.radioshack.com/support_tutorials/communications/200-0523/67349.htm

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all who responded.
I will check it out when I get home from work.
I dont remember if I had a cord to go from scanner to CPU when I got my '93 back in '02, if I had it it is missing in one of the many moves since.
Would you guys know what model to connector is and where do I get it?
Pls keep in mind that Radio Shack is becomming Circuit City the source up here in Canada but then Radio Shack USA is re-opening up here.....What I am getting at is that in the best of times Radio Shack employees can be clueless if u are dealing with something other than top-con stuff i.e. cell phones and 'puter games.'

Al42

The Radio Shack 20-289 will work. Or, if you can't get it from RS, and don't want to order it by mail, you could go to a store that carries Yaesu ham radio equipment and get the programming cable for the Yaesu/Vertex VX-5 and a 1/8" mono plug to stereo jack adapter. That's what I had, and it actually works better than the RS cable if you use it with a USB-to-RS-232 adapter (most of them don't meet RS-232 specs), so it's what I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.