PRO-197 Programming Problems - MN ARMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakester42

Anybody here have any advice for programming the 197 to monitor Minnesota ARMER ? I'm manually programming a friend's PRO-197 scanner. I thought I had the scanner properly programmed, but I'm getting nothing. I don't care to buy the cloning software as I own a PRO-96 and already own that software. I may just end up d/ling the 197 software and using the free trial. I'd rather feel the pride of doing it myself. Unidens weren't this difficult!

I haven't touched the Global settings.

I set TSYS TYPE to P25 AUTO and set the control channels for Dakota County control tower frequencies(mirroring the frequencies I have set in my PRO-96 and know work). I left everything else default

TGRPs that I set for TYPE: GROUP didn't seem to scan, so I set them to PRIVATE, and now they "appear" to scan. I messed with the LED settings, but pretty much left the rest alone.

The radio Scans. The display indicates that the radio is receiving a strong signal and is receiving Trunking Control Channel Data. It's just not playing anything. I turned the squelch knob all the way down and not even static comes across. I tuned in to weather radio and I get a strong signal using the stock antenna. Does anybody know if I set something wrong?

rmiller818

Anybody here have any advice for programming the 197 to monitor Minnesota ARMER ? I'm manually programming a friend's PRO-197 scanner. I thought I had the scanner properly programmed, but I'm getting nothing. I don't care to buy the cloning software as I own a PRO-96 and already own that software. I may just end up d/ling the 197 software and using the free trial. I'd rather feel the pride of doing it myself. Unidens weren't this difficult!

I haven't touched the Global settings.

I set TSYS TYPE to P25 AUTO and set the control channels for Dakota County control tower frequencies(mirroring the frequencies I have set in my PRO-96 and know work). I left everything else default

TGRPs that I set for TYPE: GROUP didn't seem to scan, so I set them to PRIVATE, and now they "appear" to scan. I messed with the LED settings, but pretty much left the rest alone.

The radio Scans. The display indicates that the radio is receiving a strong signal and is receiving Trunking Control Channel Data. It's just not playing anything. I turned the squelch knob all the way down and not even static comes across. I tuned in to weather radio and I get a strong signal using the stock antenna. Does anybody know if I set something wrong?

It needs to be set to group, private is for to receive I-CALLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.