Program the pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlh

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this, but a computer scientist by day.

I am trying to program the 164 to recieve the trunk information from

Ann Arbor-Washtenaw County Trunking System, Ann Arbor, Michigan - Scanner Frequencies

and

University of Michigan Trunking System, Ann Arbor, Michigan - Scanner Frequencies

However, after hitting my head on the instruction manual several times today, I am stuck. I have search the internet high and low and am not able to find a good step by step guide.

Can someone poiint me in the right direction?

Thanks and happy new year!

CStarr59

Are you using software to program the scanner? It makes it much easier. I believe win97 works with that scanner and has a try it before you buy it guarantee. I've used it before and it very good stuff. I never really understood the manual, but I bet you can glide right through the software.

try www.starrsoft.com

Xplorer4x4

I agree the manual isnt to much help. I read the manual, do what it says and it fails. I end up playing with it and figure it out myself.

Hit tune. Enter the frequency. Now hit function, and program. It should allow you to choose your channel number then.

dosboot

Win97 does work with the Pro-164 and is a easy to use program, and if you subscribe to RR you are able to import all the systems you need right to WIN-97 and then to your scanner. You will be up and scanning in no time.

DickH

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to this, but a computer scientist by day. ...

I am trying to program the 164 to recieve the trunk information from ...
...Can someone poiint me in the right direction?

I have written step-by-step programming the PRO-163/164 for Motorola Trunking systems.
Send me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

WIN 97 & RR's database have worked great for programming my 164. I never opened the manual. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.