RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Radio Shack Scanners

Radio Shack Scanners - A forum for the discussion of all Radio Shack scanning radios and receivers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 10:42 PM

Default help just got pro-97 and having trouble

I have read my manual this is my first radio scanner. i read that this scanner was easy to use and i have also read that it isnt very simple. i am from franklin county in ohio and i am trying to program my radio scanner. i do not have a data cable. but have read you can program channles by hand. each time i try an enter a frequency/ channel and enter it the scanner with change the channel to something else .

I guess i am asking for basic tips or how to get started. i am very new and i am very lost . i do not really under stand some of the word in my manual such as (EDACS or LTR systems an such )

can anyone help me please??

thanks

shpongle
Sponsored links
Old 06-03-2010, 12:53 PM

*bump* any one have any advice to give?

anything would be appriciated
Old 06-05-2010, 9:51 AM

I've had this scanner for a number of years and really like it. I haven't tried any of the trunking features yet, but so far have programmed everything manually. It can be a little time consuming, but it also helps you get used to the keypad functions.

I think you have to keep in mind, that when someone says it's "easy to use", that's a relative term. It is pretty easy, once you've climbed the learning curve. I found this manual to be very helpful as I've made the climb. Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual It really does explain a lot about this scanner in more readable terms than the manual provided with the scanner.

This website also has a lot of very useful information. Be sure to follow the instructions to the letter and you should be fine.

Tags
pro-97