Wondering if anyone has tries this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Wondering if anyone has tried this.

Just recently I bought a Pro 107 off of eBay. It didn't come with either the software CD ROM or the USB cable. I have ordered a copy of the CD and should have it by Monday.

Here's my question... I use two computers for my scanning software; a desktop with a CD/DVD drive and an Acer netbook, which doesn't have a CD/DVD drive. Does anyone know (or has anyone tried) if it's possible to copy the contents of the CD to an SD card and get it to load correctly into a netbook?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

SSSG

:)

Last edited:

apd3190

You could try putting it on a thumb drive. I have an acer and picked up an external dvd/cd drive that plugs into the usb port

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Things that make you go... Hmmmmm!

I would go with the thumb drive idea. But I would maybe try the SD Card idea cause you just never know. In theory it sounds like it should work just fine as long as the file will fit onto the SD Card. You can pick up a thumb drive just about anywhere now for almost nothing like at Staples or even down at the local Wal-Mart in Hammond!

kcoleman

SSSG,

It worked for me just fine. Put the files on a thumb drive and moved to me netbook installed and works like a champ!

Good Luck,
Keith

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Thanks for all of the replies. The software actually arrived yesterday but just haven't had a chance to get to it due to work. I have an abundance of thunb drives, so I think I'll give it a try this evening and see what happens.

:)

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

wv_mountaineer said:
SSSG,

It worked for me just fine. Put the files on a thumb drive and moved to me netbook installed and works like a champ!

Good Luck,
Keith

Huh? Sometimes we must read once and then reread again before letting our fingers do the typing! Just my thoughts....

Made sense to me...?

Status
Not open for further replies.