Programming Trunked Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1EDH

K1EDH

rvholland

That should be the right system type for that system. You should just need to enter the control freq's, the red and blue with red being the primary.

Looks like its a multi-site system so you could enter quite a few sites in a given TSYS object. Then set the multi-site option to Stationary or Roam depending on your use. You might also simply enter a single site's control freq that is closest to you and consider it a single site system.

I don't see a note about rebanding on that system so you may need to determine if that's an issue you need to deal with by modifying the trunk table setup. Perhaps an inquiry in the appropriate geographical forum would help.

Don't forget to enter talk groups you'd like to monitor associated with that system or at least a wildcard talkgroup. Assign the groups to a scan list and enable the selected scan list.

I use Win500 on a PSR-500 which is practically the same as a 106. Hope this helps if you weren't already aware of these steps...

N1BHH

Zones 5 and 20 are nearest to you, Zone 1 is also available, but the only thing I listen to it for is DLE, but they associate with all zones anyway: Massachusetts State Police - Scan New England Wiki

I use Win500, and it is highly recommended you get that: Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

Also be sure to get one of the Radio Shack USB programming cables. There are 2 that I know of, one is an older cable still available in some stores, 20-047A, the newer one is Catalog #: 20-546.

There are also some files you can download from this site here, any of the p500 files will do: http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...orum/142706-nh-scanner-programming-files.html

They are fairly up to date and should help you get a start and a feel for how this is all structured. I incorporated some of the NH files into my own file which is always a work in progress with changes happening all the time.

And there are some files here as well: Scanner Programming Files

The good thing about Win500 is the ability to import p96 and p97 files, so you can get those too, and then edit out what you don't want and any duplicates. I like the scanner because you can assign objects to any scan list you wish to.

K1EDH

I travel to MA a it. Mostly to Western MA, Can you tell me which MASP troops I should listen to, in fact if you know, can you tell me which troop is in which part of the state?

N1BHH

B and C Troops are the western part of the state. Look at the link I provided of the State Police above and try those out. Because the system has holes in coverage, input the Low Band frequencies as well, they get used some of the time. There is rare limited use of P-25 on the system, so there is no need to put any of that into the scanner. And the listing also shows the various satellite sites in use out there, those are helpful to have because of the dead spots. You can put all those into one trunk system object.

If you are using Win500 to program there are many files on the Scan New England forums at the link I also provided above.

N1BHH

Additionally you can program in the control channels for Zones 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 to cover the western part of the state, all in one bank. There are some control channel you will see that are repeated at adjacent sites. This should give you blanket coverage and no ill effects for the State Police system as it uses a single System ID. Just follow along with the counties you may be in and you're all set. And be sure to wear cold weather clothes. ;)

K1EDH

Programming question

I am current,y programming my hand held. I am wanting to put in frequecies that are on a Motorola Type II SmartZone system, but my scanner does not have that option, what should I use, MOT 800/900?

Status
Not open for further replies.