radio shack noaa pro-405 desktop scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellig

Hello,

I have the radio shack noaa pro-405 desktop scanner and I did not get the manual for it from Radio Shack and they did the programming. I have since moved and need to reprogram it but I don't know how. I am hoping someone can help me.

Thanks!

Kelli

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What are you trying to program? Go up to the blue toolbar under the site title and float your mouse over Database Let's see the URLs for the area(s) you want. I think that's a non-trunking scanner, so it can't be all that hard to program...where are you now (county/state is fine)?

best regards..Mike

tonyclark

Premium Subscriber

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that the new P25 digital system is being populated and will eventually take over from older analog conventional systems. To hear the highway patrol, for example, you will need a digital-capable scanner. The Pro-405 is an analog only, non-trunk-tracking scanner.

I see a Pro-106 or Pro-197 in your future...

kellig

I tried following the directions but when I put in the frequency like 460.07500 it does nothing. What am I doing wrong? Is it because it has been programed before and that is why its not letting me program it.
Thanks!

Kelli

kellig

Okay I got it to program the channels but all it has is static? I enter the frequency numbers including the decimal right? What am I doing wrong? Could the frequency numbers be wrong?

Thanks!

Kelli

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
460.075 should be the Butler County Sheriff Dispatch but as I said earlier; they may not be using it anymore. Is the static something you can easily squelch out or are you maybe hearing something scrambled or encrypted?

The trunked system has the same channels, but on the new P25 digital system which requires a new digital-capable scanner:

Butler County Sheriff / Law Enforcement Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
2281 8e9 D ButlerCo SO1 Butler County Sheriff -- Dispatch1 Law Dispatch
2282 8ea D ButlerCo SO2 Butler County Sheriff -- Dispatch 2 Law Tac
2283 8eb D ButlrCoSODet Butler County Sheriff -- Detectives Law Tac
2286 8ee D ButlrCoSOTac Butler County Sheriff -- Tactical Law Tac
2287 8ef D ButlerCoSOCt Butler County Sheriff -- Courts Law Talk
2268 8dc D BtlrCoLawAll Butler County Law Enforcement -- All Call Law Dispatch
2288 8f0 D ButlerCoLaw1 Butler County Law Enforcement -- Small Agency Dispatch Law Dispatch
2289 8f1 D ButlerCoLaw2 Butler County Law Enforcement -- Small Agency F-2 Law Tac
2292 8f4 D BtlrCoLawCar Butler County Law Enforcementf -- Car-to-Car Law Talk
2291 8f3 D BtlrCoLawDet Butler County Law Enforcement -- Detectives Law Tac
2290 8f2 D BtlrCoLwAdmn Butler County Law Enforcement -- Administration Law Talk
2284 8ec D BtlrCoJailOp Butler County Jail Operations Corrections
2285 8ed D BtlrCoJailBk Butler County Jail -- Inbound and Booking Corrections

These are not at-all receivable by your present scanner. Unless they're still simulcasting on the old frequencies, you're not going to get much if anything.

Last edited:

kellig

I can easily squelch out the noise and there is just nothing. I do have the weather. I called a friend and he gave me new numbers but the only one that works is the weather.

Thanks!

Kelli

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Yep, sounds like they've moved to the trunked system in your area. You might post a question about this in the appropriate state's forum. The locals should be able to answer the question about what's used/not used in your area.

kellig

The radio works and I pressed the buttons for the police etc if that is what you mean. It just will not pick up the other channels. They were channels that worked on my friends scanner.

Thanks!

Kelli

kellig

I tried Initializing the Scanner with no luck. My fm radio and weather channel still works.

Thanks!

Kelli

Thadthebear

Same thing with me.

Hello,

I have the radio shack noaa pro-405 desktop scanner and I did not get the manual for it from Radio Shack and they did the programming. I have since moved and need to reprogram it but I don't know how. I am hoping someone can help me.

Thanks!

Kelli
Same thing with me. Did you get any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.