Pro 433 not stopping when it scans

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireshaper

I've been running my scanner pretty much non-stop since I started my feed on RR and today I got some feedback that there was no audio but the feed was up. So, when I got home I unplugged it and started messing with it. It seems that it isn't stopping on a channel when there is activity, but when I go to manual mode I can hear activity just fine on the channels. I see the display stopping on a channel here and there for a second or two and then it goes back to scanning but there is no audio unless I stop the scanning and manually scroll through the channels.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I may have found the answer to my question. It seems my area (Richmond County, GA) is currently rebanding and is on a Motorola system. Unfortunately, the Pro-433 can not be updated for rebanding so I will have to purchase a new scanner.

Last edited:

DickH

Any ideas?

EDIT: I may have found the answer to my question. It seems my area (Richmond County, GA) is currently rebanding and is on a Motorola system. Unfortunately, the Pro-433 can not be updated for rebanding so I will have to purchase a new scanner.

There is no Richmond county, GA in the database.
Depending on the exact new rebanded freqs., the PRO-433 MIGHT work on the new freqs.
WHICH system is it?

DickH

From your post in the Georgia forum I found the system is the Palmetto 800 system N O T the Richmond system.
If you gave the correct info in the first place it would have been a lot easier.
There are 3 sites in Richmond county and they all are using non-rebanded freqs. so they should work perfectly in your PRO-433.

fireshaper

I didn't say I was on the "Richmond system" I said I was in Richmond County, GA (which I used to search the site and easily found out that I was on the Palmetto 800 system).

I am in site #5 (Augusta), which, according to posts in the Georgia forums, is currently going through re-banding. Correct me if I'm wrong.

fireshaper

There are 3 sites in Richmond county and they all are using non-rebanded freqs. so they should work perfectly in your PRO-433.

If I manually switch between the channels it will play but it will never stop if it's scanning.

DickH

If I manually switch between the channels it will play but it will never stop if it's scanning.

Site 5 has 10 freqs. and none of them have been rebanded. Rebanding only affects freqs. in the 866 to 868 range. If you are using Control Channel only trunking, they may have changed control channels, since only 2 are listed (in blue).
Make sure you have all 10 freqs. programmed and not CC only.

Status
Not open for further replies.