Pro-106/Win500 Private ID for Indiana Safe-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsego

Premium Subscriber
Indiana has rebanded most of the state. I would like to have a wildcard bank for Private ID's. I have tried several times to get this going but I am hearing absolutely nothing so I must have something configured wrong. Everything else is working fine, I live in Johnson Co. just south of Indy. Is there anyway someone could send me a configuration file with a private id setup so I could load up and look at to see what the problem is or give me some explicit instructions.

thanks!

RonnieUSA

Indiana has rebanded most of the state. I would like to have a wildcard bank for Private ID's. I have tried several times to get this going but I am hearing absolutely nothing so I must have something configured wrong. Everything else is working fine, I live in Johnson Co. just south of Indy. Is there anyway someone could send me a configuration file with a private id setup so I could load up and look at to see what the problem is or give me some explicit instructions.

thanks!
Go to your Safe-T talk group setup at, and this is the way it look if you get it right.

Alpha Tag Type Group or Radio ID
Indiana Safe-T Private Wildcard

dsego

Premium Subscriber
OK, that is how I have it set up, I guess there is just nothing to hear on private. I will keep listening.

Thanks Much!

KD4YGG

Database Admin

thanks!

Step One
In WIN500, under the EXTENDED SETTINGS tab, make sure "Show Radio IDs for Group Calls" is selected (check in the box). This will activate this feature when the scanner stops on an active talkgroup.

By default, it will show Radio ID:.....xxxxx where xxxxx is the RID of the radio making the call. Sometimes it will change during the conversation to the other Radio, sometimes it will not.

Step Two
Once you figure out a specific RID (or check the wiki under Hoosier SAFE-T), program it as a PRIVATE talkgroup under the appropriate system using the RID as the talkgroup number. If you program a PRIVATE talkgroup as a WILDCARD, it will allow reception of Private Calls - but this feature is not used often on SAFE-T.

If you want, PM me with your email address and I can send an example WIN500 file...

Attachments

• RID.jpg
    RID.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.