PRO 164 "all channels locked out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pngoat

Premium Subscriber
On banks 5 thru 8 on my pro 164 It says "all channels locked out". I have read the instructions and, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to unlock the channels in the bank or the bank itself. The instructions are not very clear (to me) on how to do this. Doe's anyone know how to unlock all the channels, in a bank, or the bank itself? Any help most appreciated. Thank You.

JoeRock

I looked over the manual. On page 31, are the instructions for unlocking channels. Looks like you have to unlock each channel individually (not a whole bank at a time).

Did you program the scanner with programming software or manually? If you used software, it may be easier to unlock the channels there then upload back to the scanner. You may have to read the scanner, make changes, then upload back to the scanner.

I hope this helps.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-164/etc

That is a catch all message when the scanner does not have anything to scan. It can happen when, for any reason, the scanner is no longer programmed. It can happen when you've uploaded a new file, but do not have anything turned on.

Other than the scanner being totally unprogrammed, the most common scenario is having no banks selected. To toggle a bank on & off, simply press its number (0 to 9).

However, even if you have a bank on, all of the programmed frequencies in that bank may be locked out (or the bank does not have any programmed frequencies).

What I'd do is press MAN, then press 0 0 0 MAN. Is there something programmed there? If so, is that channel locked out? Press UP to go to the next channel. Verify you have something programmed and not locked out. If you do, then press SCAN. If you see the locked out message, press 0. What happens?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
On banks 5 thru 8 on my pro 164 It says "all channels locked out". I have read the instructions and, for the life of me, cannot figure out how to unlock the channels in the bank or the bank itself. The instructions are not very clear (to me) on how to do this. Doe's anyone know how to unlock all the channels, in a bank, or the bank itself? Any help most appreciated. Thank You.

banks 5 through 8 have no frequencies in them.

pngoat

Premium Subscriber
I managed to get banks 5 thru 8 unlocked. I manually advanced the channels in bank 4 until I got to bank 5. I entered a channel on bank 5. I did the same for banks 6 thru 8. I no longer get the "all channels locked out" message when I turn on banks 5,6,7&8. I don't know if this is the proper way to do it, but, it worked. Thanks to all for the advice.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
There is no requirement that there has to be a frequency programed in every bank. Just leave the banks that do not have any channels programed in them turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.