PRO-106 Programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terri1

Premium Subscriber
I just worked with Radio Shack who were good about exchanging my PRO-164 for a PRO-106 because the Police Dept in Davenport, IA have already gone digital. I am still very new to this but I now have the programming cable needed as well. I have done some research as far as the frequencies used in my area, etc. I still need help as I understand the police here use the RACOM-EDACS trunking system.

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me set this up? The cable came with some trial software but I am not sure how long that will be good for.

Thank you!

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
Terri:

The "Pro 106/197" software on the cable is always going to work (The only thing that make it a trial that I know of, is that the Scanner Control has a 10 minute limit). At least, that's the way it works on my PC, not sure about others......It's the other softwares that are "Real" trials (They only run for like 7 days, or have more limitations, I think.) My software has worked since March 2012.

I wouldn't be able to program for you, as I have NO EXPERIENCE with EDACS. Also, I'm in NC, so that wouldn't work.

If you jump down to the IA forum, they might be able to help you more!

Terri1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick response. I was able to use this software and download all the trunks and talk channels to my scanner. I am making progress! Now if I can just figure out how to get into trunking mode I should be able to listen. Thanks again!

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
As long as everything is programmed right, just turn on your scanlists, and listen away!

You'll figure it out!

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Note to others, system being referred to is RACOM - IL, WI, MN, NE, SD, IA Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies.

If you want to go by programming by hand, you probably want to check out the 'Easier to Read' manual (Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual). You need to first create a TSYS and follow the instructions in the manual. I believe you need to create a EDACS STD system. You need to go to the first link and look for the 1201 (4B1) Davenport, IA (Rebanded) site. For EDACS, it is important that you program the LCN. If you look at Davenport, you will see that there is no LCN for 09, 10, and 11. You need to skip these numbers and enter the frequencies exactly as listed.

After you have done the above, you can just scroll down to Davenport (linked here). and I believe from here, you need to enter the AFS. Check the manual to be sure on this however as I haven't had the need to program an EDACS system either.

As for software programming, you might want to await input from a few members regarding how to use the software.

Last edited:

Terri1

Premium Subscriber
I got it!

I don't know if I understand it all just yet but I got it!
Thanks to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.