RadioShack Pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

iExtremeRisk

Hello,

I am posting this because I am purchasing a RadioShack Pro-97 1000 Channel scanner and I just wanted to know if anyone has it and what their opinion is about it, I also want to know if anyone has any knowledge of it. This is my first scanner, I am new to the scanning world, and I am only using it to listen to my Cities Police/Fire/EMS channels. I am not that sure, but I think my City is not digital, but analog, anyways to make sure does anyone know if this scanner is digital?

Thanks!

bkantor

It is a good radio that is NOT digital, but it does trunk. Where are you located? That will help determine if it is a good radio - and also how much are you paying??

Bob

iExtremeRisk

I am in New Jersey, central to be exact, and I am paying $75 for the scanner.

Greg

Last edited:

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
Before you buy, check the Database for your area to see what your needs are. Also, research "rebanding" and "narrowbanding" and see if your area's systems might require a newer radio. It's a good radio, but may have limitations depending on what you want to monitor.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-97

I am purchasing a RadioShack Pro-97 1000 Channel scanner and I just wanted to know if anyone has it and what their opinion is about it
It is a great scanner, except:
- Does not trunk track most rebanded MOT 800 MHz systems
- Is not digital, if you need P25 unencrypted
- Is not truly narrowband (it will receive narrowband channels at a lower volume and with some possible interference if an adjacent frequency is used)

However, I love mine for scanning VHF and conventional frequencies. I especially love it for CHP because I use CT decoding which the '97 supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.