PRO-2052

Status
Not open for further replies.

c1mf

Just found this at a yard sale would like to know more about this radio i programmed it for my county's. Motorola system and it seems to work fine

fredva

Feed Provider
You might want to check out the wiki page if you haven't already: Pro-2052 - The RadioReference Wiki

I got mine on clearance about 6 years ago for about half the regular price. I've been pretty satisfied with it. It was made by Uniden.

One thing I wish was a little bit better is that although you can create scanlists for an EDACS system within a bank, you have to hit the scan button everytime you turn it on to activate the scanlists. The scanlists will include the talkgroups you want to listen to, instead of hearing everything on the system that you haven't locked out.

c1mf

You might want to check out the wiki page if you haven't already: Pro-2052 - The RadioReference Wiki

I got mine on clearance about 6 years ago for about half the regular price. I've been pretty satisfied with it. It was made by Uniden.

One thing I wish was a little bit better is that although you can create scanlists for an EDACS system within a bank, you have to hit the scan button everytime you turn it on to activate the scanlists. The scanlists will include the talkgroups you want to listen to, instead of hearing everything on the system that you haven't locked out.

I seem to have trouble getting edacs to work on it i live like a mile from the county but it wont follow any conversation im not sure if i programed it right or not

fredva

Feed Provider
For an EDACS system, I think you have to program in all of the listed frequencies, and there is a specific order in which they should be programmed. In the RR database, there is supposed to be a number in front of each EDACS system frequency, such as 01, 02, 03, etc. If you haven't done so already, try putting the "01" frequency in the first channel of a given bank, then the "02" frequency in the second channel of the bank, etc. until you enter all the frequencies for the system. Once you enter the frequencies and are scanning, hit the "Trunk" button.

Last edited:

DickH

For an EDACS system, I think you have to program in all of the listed frequencies, and there is a specific order in which they should be programmed. ...

Yes, you need to put in all the freqs., but they may NOT be in numerical order, they must be in specific channels, as specified by those small numbers in the RR database. That's why it's called the LCN, Logical Channel Number.
The huge RACOM system in the midwest has a site with freqs. starting in channel 14.
And they skip lots of channels, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.