Pro 433

Status
Not open for further replies.

medictinysc

Premium Subscriber
I know these are old but it's what I have to work with. My questions are

1. Can u program a trunking channel and no trunking channel onto the same bank?

2. How do u program the priority by hand?

3. Can this be rebranded?

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

DickH

I know these are old but it's what I have to work with. My questions are

1. Can u program a trunking channel and no trunking channel onto the same bank?

2. How do u program the priority by hand?

3. Can this be rebranded? ...

1. YES
2. Read Page 16 in the manual.
3. The term is re B A N D ed. NO, it cannot be re-banded, BUT you will have limited success monitoring the Palmetto 800 system.
Greenville Simulcast (Site 35) will give you about 75% of the traffic.
Site 31 will give you about 50% of its traffic and Site 17 will give you 75-80% of its traffic.
The criteria is if a freq. has a 5 in the 4th decimal place (like 856.2625) the PRO-433 will be able to track it. If a freq. has a zero in the 4th decimal place your PRO-433 can not track it. If you do the math, you will come up with the theoretical percentages I gave you.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
3. The term is re B A N D ed. NO, it cannot be re-banded, BUT you will have limited success monitoring the Palmetto 800 system.
Greenville Simulcast (Site 35) will give you about 75% of the traffic.
Site 31 will give you about 50% of its traffic and Site 17 will give you 75-80% of its traffic.
The criteria is if a freq. has a 5 in the 4th decimal place (like 856.2625) the PRO-433 will be able to track it. If a freq. has a zero in the 4th decimal place your PRO-433 can not track it. If you do the math, you will come up with the theoretical percentages I gave you.

This is somewhat true. This calculation is based on the asssumption that all frequencies are used equally in the system. I have found this to not hold true on the Palmetto 800 system. Some frequencies are more favored as voice frequencies and others are less favored, particularly the alternate CCs. There seems to be a prioritization of which voice frequencies are used first, if available.

All that means is that it's less straightforward to try to calculate how much traffic you'll miss with a scanner that does not support rebanding. You're still going to miss traffic - and if you're trying to follow a conversation or activity, and you're only getting 2 out of 3 transmission or 3 out of 4 transmission (at best), I think you'll find that to be sub-optimal.

DickH

This is somewhat true. This calculation is based on the asssumption that all frequencies are used equally in the system. I have found this to not hold true on the Palmetto 800 system. Some frequencies are more favored as voice frequencies and others are less favored, particularly the alternate CCs. There seems to be a prioritization of which voice frequencies are used first, if available.

All that means is that it's less straightforward to try to calculate how much traffic you'll miss with a scanner that does not support rebanding. You're still going to miss traffic - and if you're trying to follow a conversation or activity, and you're only getting 2 out of 3 transmission or 3 out of 4 transmission (at best), I think you'll find that to be sub-optimal.

I did not suggest he would be happy monitoring that system with the PRO-433, I just gave him the information.

medictinysc

Premium Subscriber
Thank you both. I am looking to upgrade. But funds are tight everywhere these days.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.