Pro-433 finally bit the dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireshaper

My PC has been down for a couple of days so I haven't been able to stream until last night. Finally got the PC all set up again (PSU died so I pulled an old Gateway out of the office to use in its place until I can build something new) and got Windows installed, ready to install the streaming software when I try to test the scanner on this PC's audio card and I hear nothing. Not even a hiss. I turn the squelch down and nothing. I unplug the cable going into the PC and nothing from the internal speaker.

I did a little bit of digging around and one guy said to take it apart and make sure a wire isn't broken or pulled loose. I took it apart and all the wires seem fine but there's some things on the board that I'm worried about. Here's a pic of the board: http://i.imgur.com/kZoIhO8.jpg.

So now I have to find a new scanner. I'm really dreading shelling out all that cash for a new one but this one hasn't been the best scanner really. What's the most affordable option for streaming right now? Needs to be a digital scanner, preferably under $300.

Last edited:

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I have a Radio Shack Pro 106 listed in the classified section if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.