Pro-18 software problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
I just picked up a clearance Pro-18 for $199 @ the local RS and the software won't load. I get an error 740 message. Is there a way around it to get the software loaded?

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
What operating system are you using on your PC? Have you tried installing it in admin mode?

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
I tried it on both my Vista laptop and Win7 desktop. The desktop gave me a message that it set some compatability settings and to re-try but I still got the same error.

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
Ok I got it installed on the desktop by manually going to the install file instead of using the application file.

KF5YBZ

Premium Subscriber
I got one of those deals from RS and installed on Windows 8 yesterday. Everything works and updates fine except the fimware update. Did the routine several times but no luck. Keep us posted if you have any more problems (or success).

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
When installing programs in newer versions of Windows (7 & 8), right click on the installer file and select "Install as administrator". This eliminates many problems, especially on backwards compatible software.

DJ11DLN

I got one of those deals from RS and installed on Windows 8 yesterday. Everything works and updates fine except the fimware update. Did the routine several times but no luck. Keep us posted if you have any more problems (or success).

I had the same issue, but the unit seems to work fine without updated firmware, at least on Project Hoosier Safe-T. I am viewing it as an it-ain't-broke-so-don't-try-to-fix-it situation.;-)

SCPD

QRT
Did he ever get the program to work

I had the same problem with windows 7

I explored the disk and copy the files to a desktop
Folder you can make the folder any name
Inside the software folder there exe or msi file
I right clicked the munu poped up
And i hit install and then it worked

DJ11DLN

Freeze-ups...

Sorry if this is going a bit off-topic, but my PRO-18 occasionally will lock up during power-on. It gets about half the splash screen (shows Radio Shack and nothing else) and there it stops. Only way to get out of it is to disconnect power (if connected -- it does it both on batteries and plugged into the wall wart or cigarette lighter adapter) then remove a battery and wait about 30 seconds. Then it will come on and work fine. It isn't anything earthshaking, just wondering if anybody else's does this.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Pro-18

The PSR-800 and Pro-18 are file compatible. I copied my 800 file to the 18 software for a friend of mine and he wrote it to his 18 just fine. The 18 doesn't support V folders so you will only get what is in your current folder and it doesn't support 200 scan lists but as long as you are under 100 it should be fine

I am giving this a try now...

JustLou

Sorry if this is going a bit off-topic, but my PRO-18 occasionally will lock up during power-on. It gets about half the splash screen (shows Radio Shack and nothing else) and there it stops. Only way to get out of it is to disconnect power (if connected -- it does it both on batteries and plugged into the wall wart or cigarette lighter adapter) then remove a battery and wait about 30 seconds. Then it will come on and work fine. It isn't anything earthshaking, just wondering if anybody else's does this.

It sounds like your SD Card data could be corrupted. I'd format it, and reload the database from scratch.

zerickk

Premium Subscriber
The PSR-800 and Pro-18 are file compatible. I copied my 800 file to the 18 software for a friend of mine and he wrote it to his 18 just fine. The 18 doesn't support V folders so you will only get what is in your current folder and it doesn't support 200 scan lists but as long as you are under 100 it should be fine

By doing this were you able to transfer over the Canadian frequency database? I have a PRO-18 and am having trouble getting the Canadian frequencies loaded.
I wish I could find a download of the PRS-800's sd card contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.