Pro 197 - Can the LED light up for scan lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slagathor

I would like to program each scan list to light up it's own color when any object within it is active. For instance I currently have all my local town emergency services under scan list #1 and it would be very handy to have that list light up as red. Then list #2 green, list #3 white, and so on.
I already know how to do this for individual objects, but I have looked and looked on the global settings with no clue how to do it for an entire scan list.

N1BHH

The LED can be assigned to individual objects. If you are using software to program such as Win500, it's easy to do, assign a color, set it to flash, save the file and upload to the radio.

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
You would probably be able to do this by assignig the same color LED to every object in each scan list.. For instance, all objects in scan list 1 are set to RED. all objects in scan list 2 are set to BLUE and so forth

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
You would probably be able to do this by assignig the same color LED to every object in each scan list.. For instance, all objects in scan list 1 are set to RED. all objects in scan list 2 are set to BLUE and so forth

That is just what I was going to suggest. That's the only way I've seen it done.

slagathor

Yup, that's exactly what I had in mind too. I had just really hoped there would have been a slicker way to do it. With the amazing amount of options this unit has you'd think being able to color code each scan list globally would have been a given. Oh well, it's all good.
Thanks for everyone's replies!!!

QDP2012

Since the scanner will allow an object to be assigned to multiple scan lists, and since an object can have only one LED color (regardless of which scan list is active at the moment), the above idea will work only when each object is assigned to one and only one scan list. And the above suggestion seems to be the only way to achieve the OPs goal.

Hope this helps,

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Yup, that's exactly what I had in mind too. I had just really hoped there would have been a slicker way to do it. With the amazing amount of options this unit has you'd think being able to color code each scan list globally would have been a given. Oh well, it's all good.
Thanks for everyone's replies!!!

Meant to ask, are you programming these features by hand or with software on the computer? If on the computer, that "IS" the "Slick" way to do it.

ampulman

An option would be to select LED color based on TG's function, e.g., police: blue; fire: red; public works: green;, etc.

Amp

slagathor

Meant to ask, are you programming these features by hand or with software on the computer? If on the computer, that "IS" the "Slick" way to do it.

I have the software that came with the scanner, but I already ran out the free trial time (downloaded it and then didn't even get to use it). I just don't use the software enough to justify buying it. I may try it someday once I get better at running this thing manually first and also find more frequencies to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.