Pro-96 service work / repair question

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where I can get work done on a PRO-96 in the Central Pennsylvania or Nothern Maryland ? I seems to have gone deaf to some extent and would like to get it fixed . It has served me well and would love to keep it in service. Thanks !

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Uniden Repair will work on any scanner from any manufacturer. Ability to complete the repair is subject to what specific part is needed (most parts used are commonly available parts, though). Flat rate $49.50 + $10 shipping.

Repair

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
What I have is a sensitivity problem. Scanner started so sound scratchy and static filled. the local P-25 would still sound ok but all analog was weak if at all audible.

dkf435

On any radio these days if I have weak or scratchy signal I always check the antenna jack and most of the time the solder joint is broken.

David Kb7uns

SCPD

QRT
Uniden Repair will work on any scanner from any manufacturer. Ability to complete the repair is subject to what specific part is needed (most parts used are commonly available parts, though). Flat rate $49.50 + $10 shipping.

Repair

Upman, I had called Uniden about shipping my scanner to get repaired, but they didn't know anything about this? Should I just ship the scanner anyway?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Our outside call center had not gotten the information that we could work on other brands. Ability to repair is subject to the specific parts needed, but 90% of the parts used are going to be common parts. Exceptions would be case/mechanical parts, LCD, and perhaps masked ROM parts. $49.50 + $10 shipping w/90-day warranty.

SCPD

QRT
Our outside call center had not gotten the information that we could work on other brands. Ability to repair is subject to the specific parts needed, but 90% of the parts used are going to be common parts. Exceptions would be case/mechanical parts, LCD, and perhaps masked ROM parts. $49.50 + $10 shipping w/90-day warranty.

Thanks so much! Will ship it out as soon as I can

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Before you ship it to uniden so they can charge you crazy money to fix it or do what they did to me and tell me a simple repair on their own product was unfixable and then try to sell me a new scanner. Do what i did call G&G communications ask for Gerry he can fix it for sure and at a great price he will not try to rip you off.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Before you ship it to uniden so they can charge you crazy money to fix it or do what they did to me and tell me a simple repair on their own product was unfixable and then try to sell me a new scanner. Do what i did call G&G communications ask for Gerry he can fix it for sure and at a great price he will not try to rip you off.

I had called them and they said they couldn't get any PSR 800 parts available

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Actually just emailed a place called RadioLabs out in Cali maybe they can help me

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

mldksd09

I just called uniden on trying to get the squelch/volume control replaced/fixed and I was told they don't work on anything but uniden products

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We've provided "additional training" to the call center staff who told you that.

mldksd09

Could yall replace/fix the volume/squelch control on a radio shack pro-197? What numerous do I need to call or do I need to speak to a speacal person?

Status
Not open for further replies.