Pro 106 Slater P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

opd039

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone help with an issue with my Radio Shack Pro 106 scanner. The St. Louis area is switching to a "Slater P25" radio system. When trying to import this type of system using PSREdit500 I cannot get the channels to import. The import button will not highlight in order to click on it. The other P25 systems will import, but anything to do with the Slater P25 systems will not. Any suggestions?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
St. Louis Area Trunked Emergency Radio - SLATER (P25) Project 25 Phase II St Louis Metro Area

P25 Phase II the 106 will not decode this type only P25 Phase I
The site list no P25 Phase II working yet but it has the ability to go to phase II and several are listed as E encripted. So they can go P25 Phase II anytime.

You will need the Uniden 436 or 536 or GRE PSR800 or the new Radioshack Pro-668
Before spending large sums of money I would watch the MO state forum here first.

opd039

Premium Subscriber
Pro 106

Thanks for your help, many of the St. Louis. Departments have switched over to the P25 II system in the last few weeks. Guess it is time to upgrade.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help, many of the St. Louis. Departments have switched over to the P25 II system in the last few weeks. Guess it is time to upgrade.
While the SLATER system is "listed" as Phase II, as noted above, all of the talkgroups, at this time, are Phase I (signified by the "D" in the Mode column), though that is subject to change.

While PSREdit500 will not import the system, WIN500 will. I imported it via WIN500, loaded it in an unused PSR-500, then "read" that scanner back into PSREdit500. The file is attached, if you'd like to try it. It's a zip file, If Windows won;t open it for you, then use the free utility 7-Zip.

Last edited:

stlouisx50

I also have an old 106 that I use to be able to hear the new Slater system with. I can hear St. Louis county 4F1 ok, but the St. Charles CO 4F3 the scanner will not even attempt to pick up a talk group on. (in the wildcard or programed ID setting)

Example above also includes in scanning the 850-860 mhz band. I can hear St. Louis CO Talkgroups, but not SCC, when in search mode they stop on the voice freq. but stays mute.

Is SCC actually running Phase II ? If they are, why doesn't my PRO668 show it's Phase II?

jared999

Since Slater is still Phase I, I can scan it with my Pro-96, right? Haven't used it in a while, in Win96 I set it to MOT or EDACS?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Just entered 5 or 6 fire/ems talkgroups as a test, I know PD is all encrypted.

A simulcast issue possibly?

I've not used my Pro96 on Slater in a while but it was working fine for the clear TGs. Something must have changed or something drifted off frequency in your Pro96 which would not be unheard of really. I've seen this happen with a few of the GRE designs from that era.
I just checked with a 536HP and fire and public works or other in the clear TGs are still working well on at least North and South sites for STL County. I did not try the St Charles or either Jeffco sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.