Radio Shack pro 652 free software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
I just picked up the Pro 652 scanner I did a search to get free programming software I did not find any. If there is any please pass it along please. I have all Uniden scanners. If there are any tips and tricks to this scanner let me know. Thank you in advanced.

parnass

AJ9S
I wrote several free, open source programs for various scanners and receivers, but none for the newer Radio Shack, GRE, or Whistler models.

You probably won't see much in the way of truly free software unless and until the manufacturer makes the computer interface command information public.

marksmith

I picked one of these 652 radios up during the RS crash cheaply. I actually found the radio to be fairly easy to program manually.

Just make sure to set up systems before you set up a talkgroup and above all... don't hit the save key on a newly added talkgroup until you are certain that you have assigned it to a system.

If you don't, the radio will go into a heap error memory mode, which might require you to reset the radio and lose your programming to correct. Then it's start over time.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I got Win500, and there's a great guy on ebay name is Bart, that made me a programming file, emailed it to me, loaded it in Win500, and upload it to my 651 & 652, and I was scanning

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all replies

So i got most of what I wanted to get the scanner. I used ARC 500 to do that it is a little high on price how dose the Win 500 software stack up that it would not let me use the software do to some trial expired thing which i never had it on my computer at all lol. There is one more question here I have more then 9 scan lists on the scanner how do i shut down 10 - 15? When I press say scan list 10 it turns off 1 and 0 I tried the function button and the Enter button. This scanner has quite a learning curve over the Uniden scanners. I think I prefer how the Uniden scanners are organized and programmed but it has been fun to learn. The one thing I do like is its not so bassy.

TES

. . ., how dose the Win 500 software stack up . . .

Win500:
  • Written by Don Starr, the same person that wrote your scanner's firmware
  • Made in USA vs. Europe
  • All features in a single version vs. having to buy the so-called PRO version of the foreign product (at more than twice the price of Win500)

RDGDigital

There is one more question here I have more then 9 scan lists on the scanner how do i shut down 10 - 15? When I press say scan list 10 it turns off 1 and 0 I tried the function button and the Enter button.

To toggle Scan Lists 1-10 you just press the the number keys 1-9 and 0 for 10. To toggle Scan Lists 11-20 you first press the "FUNC" key and then the number keys 1-9 and 0 for 20.

+1 for Win500. It's a great product. And just in case you haven't heard of it yet, there is an easier to read manual for this scanner at Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manuals.

Redneck0410

Plus, if you ask nicely enough, I'm sure one of us fellow members here would be happy to write a programming file for you to upload into the scanner. I happen to be one of those. I have the same scanner and couldn't be happier.

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
Redneck thank you for the offer to build a scan list for me you are awesome I spent all day at work building the scan lists in ARC 500. Now I have fine tune the channel settings like priorities and the led color changes and alarms and such. Now do you have tips or tricks to get the radio to preform better or do cool things.

Redneck0410

If you haven't already, I would strongly recommend giving this a read: http://marksscanners.com/106_197/106_197.shtml (Click the "Expert Settings" link) In here you will find a bunch of little tweaks you can do to your scanner to get the "signal meter" to show more. It doesn't affect the sensitivity of the unit, as it's pretty sensitive to start with. What I did with mine is set the LED to different colors that way I know at a glance what scanlist is going off. I have a P25 system I monitor here, along with several analog trunking systems (all set to its own scanlist). It's all a matter of personal taste and finding something that will work for you. As a P.S. I tried these settings on my 652, and I have noticed a difference between it and the "stock" settings.

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
So I have completely loaded the scanner when I did an upload couple of scan lists shows on the scanner and enabled in the software when I press the number it says nothing enabled what did I do wrong the other lists work.

icfishin

I'd like to know who he is because I just bought a Pro 652 and don't understand all of this programming stuff and I can use some help.
I'm in the DFW Metro area and that's about all that I'm interested in listening to. Any suggestions?

FallenAnjel

I have a Pro 651

and I programmed it in 20 minutes.

I think the 652 is very similar to the 651.

I assume you have the 20-047 or 20-??? programming cable? (the second one is all black, can't remember #).

I used Arc500, it comes /w a free 30 day trial. That's more than enough time to program your scanner.

Pay $15 to Radio Reference for six months and download the frequencies directly to the arc500 software then just upload the frequencies to the scanner.

It took longer to choose which frequencies to download than it did to upload to the scanner.

I just have to learn a few things like quickly locking out or unlocking channels and little stuff like that.

and if you're new to digital scanning.....
Objects = Channels
Scan Lists = Banks

Still have no idea what a "V-scanner" is tho LOL.

ecps92

http://scannersoft.com/gre_vscanner.htm

VScanner Folders are a unique feature of the GRE manufactured PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106 and PRO-197. A VScanner Folder is a special area of radio memory that is used to store an exact COPY of the active radio memory. The radio has 21 VScanner Folders available numbered 0 through 20. The ScanControl VScanner Folder Manager allows the user to read and store VScanner Folders that have been created in your radio, individually or en masse, on your PC hard drive. VScanner Folders stored on your hard drive serve as backups and copies of the folders in your radio and can be written back into your radio from ScanControl.

PRO-96 (200-0526) Tutorial: How to Load From a V-Scanner Folder to the Working Memory

PRO-96 (200-0526) Tutorial: How To Save To A V-Scanner Folder From The Working Memory

and I programmed it in 20 minutes.

I think the 652 is very similar to the 651.

I assume you have the 20-047 or 20-??? programming cable? (the second one is all black, can't remember #).

I used Arc500, it comes /w a free 30 day trial. That's more than enough time to program your scanner.

Pay $15 to Radio Reference for six months and download the frequencies directly to the arc500 software then just upload the frequencies to the scanner.

It took longer to choose which frequencies to download than it did to upload to the scanner.

I just have to learn a few things like quickly locking out or unlocking channels and little stuff like that.

and if you're new to digital scanning.....
Objects = Channels
Scan Lists = Banks

Still have no idea what a "V-scanner" is tho LOL.

skipgoulet

Pro652 programming

I picked one of these 652 radios up during the RS crash cheaply. I actually found the radio to be fairly easy to program manually.

Just make sure to set up systems before you set up a talkgroup and above all... don't hit the save key on a newly added talkgroup until you are certain that you have assigned it to a system.

If you don't, the radio will go into a heap error memory mode, which might require you to reset the radio and lose your programming to correct. Then it's start over time.

Mark
536/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/
396XT/PSR800/PRO668/PRO652

Mark: How do you program the 652 manually? I just obtained a 652 from local TV station that has gone to all Uniden 536s. Radio is NIB but didn't have a manual and has never been out of the box. You can email me @ dannymed501@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.