KJ6ZWL cable and PRO 652

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have luck getting the KJ6ZWL USB cable, WIN500 or ARC500 and the PRO 652 to work...at all ?

Three PC's, a Xp 32 bit, Win 7 64 bit and a Vista 32 bit...all do the same thing. Nothing.

Win 500 doesn't see the cable, ARC500 just sits there.

Windows device manager sees the COM port created by the FTDI drivers and has assigned a port number.

NO read or write to either of my new 652's. I can clone between them just fine.

Kinda lost here as to what's going on. Anyone run into this ?

121940kz

Anyone have luck getting the KJ6ZWL USB cable, WIN500 or ARC500 and the PRO 652 to work...at all ?

Three PC's, a Xp 32 bit, Win 7 64 bit and a Vista 32 bit...all do the same thing. Nothing.

Win 500 doesn't see the cable, ARC500 just sits there.

Windows device manager sees the COM port created by the FTDI drivers and has assigned a port number.

NO read or write to either of my new 652's. I can clone between them just fine.

Kinda lost here as to what's going on. Anyone run into this ?
I had one, couldn't get it to work. I posted on here and found others had issues too. I even thought my radio was to blame. I did everything in the books to get it to work, and nothing. Spent hours and hours on it. He didn't have useful support at all so I regretfully had to return it. Ordered a real RS cable on ebay and it worked first try no issues. I don't know what the deal is with his cables lately but I'd stay away from them

121940kz

Also just thought I would mention that I tried to use every major software available for my gre psr500 scanner. Tried arc500, psredit500, win500, and they were all the newest version. Still didn't work with his cable, and I tweaked every setting available

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Buddrosa : I am using the latest versions of WIN 500, ARC 500 and FTDI drivers just downloaded today.

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
Ordered a real RS cable on ebay and it worked first try no issues. I don't know what the deal is with his cables lately but I'd stay away from them

Thanks for the feedback. I did email the gentleman to ask about the problem. I figured I would give him a chance at the issue before doing the Amazon return procedure.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
I too had purchased on of his cables to program my 652 and I could not get it to work either. Ended up returning the cable as I tried to ask for help on this item and received no responses. Picked up the real RS cable and never had a problem since.
Mike

121940kz

I too had purchased on of his cables to program my 652 and I could not get it to work either. Ended up returning the cable as I tried to ask for help on this item and received no responses. Picked up the real RS cable and never had a problem since.
Mike
After the first couple responses (with dumb answers) that's when I knew I was going to return it. He also stopped responding

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
N3UOC, thanks for your input as well. Where did you source your cable ? I see RS doesn't have it listed on their site as in stock. I am glad to see it's not just me having issues.

I figured I would try to give the fellow a chance to answer. I figure if no reply today I will start the Amazon return procedure and...sadly...leave a negative feedback. I hate to do that to a fellow ham, but... what can ya do :(

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
I sourced it through the radio Shack website about a month ago.. I would hope that at some point RS would have the cable back in stock. That being said, I did see many of these available on Ebay and found one at this link you could look at
RadioShack 20 546 Scanner Programming Cable w Trial Software Brand New | eBay

Hope this helps.. I also see that Amazon has a seller that has these in stock.
Mike

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Did you do a zipecode search for Radioshack stores with the cable instock you can set the range to 100 miles. There is 2 on ebay Radioshack 20-546 that look like they are factory cables 1 over priced and 1 & bids forsale

Larbear3

Same problem with my cable !

I've had the same problem with my cable I bought from him, I contacted him and he's sending me another cable, I let you know how that works out.

Larbear3

Problem Solved!

Well, I received the second cable from California and it didn't work either so I'm going to contact him about a refund. On the good side of things, I ordered a cable from Command Communications on Ebay, got it in the mail today and it works perfect every time. FINALLY !!!

121940kz

Well, I received the second cable from California and it didn't work either so I'm going to contact him about a refund. On the good side of things, I ordered a cable from Command Communications on Ebay, got it in the mail today and it works perfect every time. FINALLY !!!
I would really like answers from him as to why they don't work. Did the manufactures start making them differently for him? He should stop selling them if they don't work

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
I never heard back from the guy for two days. I ended up filing a Amazon claim, and they refunded my money right away.

I sent the cable back to him.

I ordered the true Radio Shack cable for $40, and it worked perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.