pro 668 software and usb cable driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

southpaw57

Premium Subscriber
Hello All, A few weewks ago I purchased a RS pro 668. I followed the instructions and from the sd card loaded both the software and drivers onto My computer. Then the mishap, I accidently formatted the wrong sd card, the one that came with the scanner, and lost My ability to load the software and drivers onto a second computere, I like redundancy ( - : Since radio shack does not offer any support any more, or none that I could find on their site, I went down to the local RS and asked if I could use one of their for sale new scanners, which by the way were on sale at $250 and load from there the software and drivers off a new scanner sd card. They said ok and all went well until I got home and tried upload from My scanner to the new installed software. The scanner would not communicate. Driver problem? I am not sure. is there any place I can go to, to download possibly the sofware again and also the drivers. My usb cable works on My first computer, but not the second one. So I am not completly lost, but would like to get the other computer to commuicate with the scanner. Thanks, for any and all help on this matter. Bob C

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure if this would work but you may be able to uninstall the upgraded software from your computer then start all over with the new SD card copy you from the RS store. I think this should work for you then you can read the scanner and save the config and start over.

southpaw57

Premium Subscriber
Thanks buddrousa, for the quick response to My question. There is a uninstall feature, but I am not sure if there is a setup file that loaded onto My computer when I was at radio shack. How or why the software loaded ok and not the drivers is perplexing to Me. When I first got the 668, I had no problem loading the software and drivers that went with it. Everything worked well, until of course I had a ' moment' and formatted the wrong disk and lost everything. With My I Scan 107 there was a installation disk, which would come in very handy right now. Buying any other scanners that are no longer supported, will probably not be something I will do in the future. That said, the scanner does seem to be working well with what I do have programmed. And as I mentioned in My original post that I do have My netbook that is loaded with the software and is allowing Me to edit as I see fit. Thanks Again, and I might look further into Your suggestion. If I do, I will let You know how it turns out. Bob

southpaw57

Premium Subscriber
Thank You AtlasFBG2 for Your reply and imput. I bookmarked the site You suggested and may end up joining? I guess I would feel better if I had the softwarew for the 668 running correctly on 2 computers so I would have a backup incase one went down / crashed. But that's just Me. Thanks Again for Your reply and help. Regards, Bob

DJ11DLN

Get the software from the d/l site. Back it up. Burn a CD, put it on a thumb drive and write-protect it, copy it to an external HDD, any and preferably all of the above, and more if you have access. I don't use Cloud drives much but if you got one, put a copy there too. That way if something happens, you have a copy and can reload it...and "something" always seems to happen!:wink:

I think I've got 5 copies of both versions of iScan I use (for the -668 and the -18), because (a.) I've had copies of stuff get corrupted, (b.) I've had software CD's, such as the one that came with the -18, go wonky sitting in the sleeve in a desk drawer and refuse to read -- and this applies to the copy on the SD card even more, because you can't accidentally format a read-only CD, and (C.) Murphy was right: If it can go wrong, it will.

AtlasFBG2

Thank You AtlasFBG2 for Your reply and imput. I bookmarked the site You suggested and may end up joining? I guess I would feel better if I had the softwarew for the 668 running correctly on 2 computers so I would have a backup incase one went down / crashed. But that's just Me. Thanks Again for Your reply and help. Regards, Bob
You don't need to join. Just click on the free download link. They delete them after so many days so it won't be there forever.

AtlasFBG2

Whistle Shack you are a genius.

I was assuming a person would need the original version 1.09 to install the software and drivers.

However if you download the updater version 2.02 from that site it will install everything you need.

Keep up the good work Whistle Shack

southpaw57

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again AtlasFBG2. I tried again and file not available showed up. Maybe I am still doing something wrong? I will keep looking, Thanks

southpaw57

Premium Subscriber
Hello Whistle Shack. Thank You for the link. I tried it and once in received a " under construction" notice? So still looking. Thanks...Bob

Whistle-Shack

Whistle Shack you are a genius.

I was assuming a person would need the original version 1.09 to install the software and drivers.

However if you download the updater version 2.02 from that site it will install everything you need.

Keep up the good work Whistle Shack

Glad i could help out.The Pro-668 is a badass scanner enjoy.

southpaw57

Premium Subscriber
Hello DJ11DLN Thanks for Your input. Don't worry, If I get this issue ironed out? I will be sure to back up the software and all that it encompasses someway somehow. I have certainly learned to pay more attention when a prompt pops up about what can / will happen of I take a certain action ) - : Thanks again for Your reply....Bob

rwier

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 4,951

southpaw57

Premium Subscriber
Thank You! robnj74 I clicked on the link that You provided, used the credentials that Whistle-Shack provided and everything is good with My pro668. Software loaded, and usb cable actually alows comminication between My desktop and the scanner. Hoorah! I did make one change. Instead of loading the software on My laptop, which runs windows8, I loaded the link You provided onto My desktop which is running Vista. So netbook running windows 7 works, and desktop running vista works. But no luck after many tries with Windows 8. I'm happy, at least I know I have 'backup'. Thanks very much again to You and Everyone that took time to help Me get things up and running on both of My computers. Not sure that I will purchase a scanner that does not offer some kind of ' support ' from the manufactor in the future, but I do like the Pro668.And also Radio Reference and the people who like Yourself are willing to share Their knowledge and time to help others like Myself are always appreciated ( - : Thanks Again to All Sincerly, Bob

prplehz

That user name and password from whistle shack don't work for me. Was it changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.