Issues Programming Pro-95 Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayflow

I am a new member here and a new owner of a Radio Shack Pro-5, which had a broken antenna, but for $5 I couldn't pass up the deal. I fixed the antenna and cleaned up the battery compartment. The unit powers up but shows all channels are locked since it is not programmed. In performing some research for this scanner model I did learn about the need for a programming cable and software.

I purchased the programming cable from Radio Shack which says the accompanying Software CD disk supports the Pro-95, but when I select the scanner type/model there is no choice for a Pro-95. I'm not ready to get frustrated just yet, so I'm contacting this forum to see if anyone can help me. I installed the software in Windows 7 but have not connected the scanner to the computer yet until I find out more. I know this is an older model scanner but I'm hoping someone owns this type of scanner on this forum and can provide me with some support. I'm open to any recommendations, suggestions, or opinions as to how to proceed next. I'd like to get the scanner programmed and be able to use it. I realize so much of our communications is now digital but for $5 I'd like to make use of this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-= Jayflow

jayflow

Follow Up

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the software and then downloaded from the scanner and it completed. Based on further research I've been able to find there are Excel files and .p95 formatted files that contain configuration information I can use to program the scanner. I realize this forum has a database. So am I correct in saying I can find the .p95 configuration files in the database to download to the scanner for the area I live in, that being Bexar County, Texas?

Thanks again for any help. I just need a little push in the right direction to program the Pro-95 scanner for the frequencies that are used in San Antonio, TX or Bexar County, TX. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.