Pro163 not receiving any trunking stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tremmert

Hello,
I have a Pro163 Radio Shack scanner. I purchased the programming cable and software, and had the software download all the frequencies from RadioReference for my county. The software then programmed my scanner with the downloaded list.

I can pick up standard UHF/VHF frequencies, but nothing trunked. I am using an excellent antenna, and am in an area of good reception. Do you have any thoughts as to why my scanner wont pick up the trunked stations?

Comal County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Above is the frequency list that was programmed into the scanner.

Thanks for your help!

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
If you are trying to pick up these 2 freqs... They are digital and the 163 does not do digital...

155.59500 154.71000 KVF679 RM 300 NAC CCSO South County Sheriff Ch. 1 South (includes Garden Ridge Police) P25 Law Dispatch
156.00000 153.96500 KVF679 RM 300 NAC CCSO North County Sheriff Ch. 2 North (includes Bulverde Police) P25 Law Dispatch

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
I don't think the 163 will do 900 MHz trunking ? u can try entering the freqs of the closest tower to you in the conv mode and listen that way....

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
i looked it up it does do 900 trunking it is an edacs system which means the freqs have to be in a certain order and you cant use the memory 0 slots...

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
Edacs has to be in a certain order only 1 site per bank i don't know if the freqs are in the correct order on the site....

tremmert

Thanks for your help. Ill see if I can find further information on this. Ill post an update once I get it figured out.

Thanks again!

chipl57

EDACS also has to have ALL frequencies entered, not just the control channels in order to receive the system properly.

tremmert

Thanks for the input! That appears to be one of my problems. Let me add all the frequencies and channels, and give that a shot....

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
Make sure when you put them in order to put LCN 1 on Channel 1 in the bank. Do not put LCN 1 on channel 0, skip it and put it on channel 1.

I'm not sure why DonS made it that way but that's how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.